Firefox Hangs My Ibook Osx

bethink

Registered
I am on an ibook osx v10.3.6 - i started using firefox because i love the tabs option and it runs fast on my system, as well as some other reasons.

the problem is v1.0.6 freezes my computer and i have to end up force quiting, loosing all those lovely tabs i had open.

there doesn't seem to be any specific compatibility issues, it can happen at any time under any conditions - or at least i believe that is the case.

have you got any advice?

Other browsers that use tabs:

Safari (you must enable it in the Preferences for Safari. It's disabled by default.)
Camino
Mozilla Suite
Opera

I'm sure there are others, but they don't come to mind now :p

FF on the Mac isn't that great. I would use Camino if I were you. It's basically the best of FF except that Camino is a native OS X application and behaves like a Mac app. It's available at the Mozilla website.

Add another Camino supporter. As fast or faster than Safari (which is faster than FireFox, at least in my experience). Beautiful interface.

If you're hell-bent on FireFox, try trashing the preference file associated with FireFox... sometimes they become corrupt and can cause application instability. It's located here:

~/Library/Preferences/org.mozilla.firefox.plist

Back