Firefox keeps quitting

Paul C

Registered
Recently my Firefox keeps shutting itself down and asking if I want to send a report, I have tried to delete the firefox folder out of my libary I've updated to 1.0.6 but it's still doing it.

Please help?

Firefox for Mac is still somewhat unstable. Every once in a while it freezes reminiscent of a Windows application and sometimes it just randomly stops recognizing the keyboard. I don't have any continuous problems though; it's all occasional. I don't know what to do, really; if it persists I'd just use Safari for a while and see if Firefox is acting the same way later. Maybe wait for 1.0.7?

Paul I have been struggling with this identical problem, now for several weeks. While I am a volunteer on this site in another area, I have communicated with several people on this issue to no avail. On especially sharp lady on this site is Cheryl. And together we still can't get it!.. As the post above suggests you might just hold on with Safari until maybe a newer version appears. By the way what are the specs on your machine? Mine are:
Machine Name: Mac mini
Machine Model: PowerMac10,1
CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (1.2)
Number Of CPUs: 1
CPU Speed: 1.42 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 512 MB
Bus Speed: 167 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 4.8.9f1
Serial Number: YM5200FGRHS

If you feel like taking this offline you can contact me at millerchriscusa@netscape.net
This way if we find a solution we can better inform each other.
Chris

Thanks for the help guys, guess I'll stick with Safari then, how to I get my Firefox favs over to Safari?

Try out Camino. It's basically Firefox that acts like a Mac application should. It's from Mozilla.org also.

Paul C said:
Thanks for the help guys, guess I'll stick with Safari then, how to I get my Firefox favs over to Safari?
Select "Manage Bookmarks" from the "Bookmarks" menu in FireFox. Then, select "Export" from the "File" menu and export the html file somewhere easy to find.

Open Safari, and select "Import Bookmarks" from the "File" menu and import the file.

Firefox is very stable for me, usually never quit it.

Take the Firefox folder out of the user>library>application support - leave it on your Desktop.

Trash this preference file - org.mozilla.firefox.plist
trash the Firefox app. Reinstall and open Firefox.

Then put your bookmarks back from the Firefox folder on your desktop.

Profiles/whateverthename/bookmarks.html

I'll give that a try Bob cos I've installed Camino and had the same problem, I'm not the biggest fan of Safari :(

If it's happening with Camino also, it's something else causing the problem. Look in the Inter Plug-ins folders and remove anything in each and check;

user>library>Internet plug-ins
library>Internet plug-ins

Restart also.

Back