Firmware Update 4.1.9

xK1NGx xV1Px

Registered
i just restored new Mac OS 9 already so now i have a problem that say i need to update firmware so i follow the instruction i hold the programmmer button and it just pop up with white screen say welcome to firmware update

continue mac boot or shut down? i have no clue why is that i mean it say it will update loud buzz so i waited for long and it didn't

Please help!

I assume you have a Slot-loading iMac G3 for that update. Start up your iMac, booting to OS 9, run the firmware update. A screen will come up with instructions for installing the update, with a shutdown button. Read the instructions, then click the shutdown button on the window. Your iMac should shutdown. Hold the programmer's button, and press your power button. Keep holding the programmer's button, until you hear the long tone. Let your Mac start up. It will show a progress bar for the firmware update. When the update is complete, your iMac will automatically restart, and boot into OS 9 again. A window will appear telling you that the firmware update was successful. And, you can continue on with installing OS X, if you want to do that.

ok that what i did but it show me a white screen plus it doesn't show me status bar firmware update.. oh one thing when i startup the computer the light power show few big light like beep

Are you releasing the power button after you hear the long beep? Do you have anything else plugged into your iMac? Disconnect everything except your power cord, and mouse/keyboard, and try the firmware update again.

i dont have anything plugged on only mouse/keyboard and power cord that it.. maybe should i recording a video and u will see will that work?

Are you pressing ANY other keys on your keyboard when you start up your Mac while holding the programmer's button? You should ONLY press the power button on the front of your iMac, and hold the programmer's button. Make sure you you holding the correct button on the side - the correct button has a crooked line across a circle, and the WRONG button has a triangle. Or, try this - disconnect both the mouse and keyboard, as you don't need those during the firmware update. Re-connect after your iMac completes the update.

Back