First post with Safari on MacOSX.com!

Wow - fastest browser on my machine (500 iMac with 320MB Ram) and I've installed all of 'em.

I would love tabs and some extra customization but so far, it's GREAT!!!

It's a great beta. I just wish for more contextual options.
And is there a shortcut for the back button?
I find the back/forward buttons to small for easy mouse navigation.
There should be a contextual option for that.

I love how fast the back arrow is. It seems that Apple got the caching speed to be bearable. Every other browser I've used on OS X has been pretty slow when hitting the back button. And believe me, I do it alot ;)

I love it.. Gay.com chat still does not work with anything but IE in classic. Weird.

Matthew

I love Safari. It is my defult arlready.

This info from a fourm catering to Chimera users...

As for many of the comments here on importing bookmarks, click the little 'Book' icon - you'll see that your IE bookmarks are all imported automatically in a folder at the bottom - just drag them around to where you want them...

For importing Chimera bookmarks, its a little tricky, but only takes a minute:

1) Export bookmarks in Chimera (Manage Bookmarks menu item)

2) rename the file 'Favorites.html'

3) Trash: Users:(Yourname):Library:Safari (folder)

4) Trash: Users:(Yourname):Library:preferences:com.apple.safari.plist

5)Replace the file favorites.html in Users:(Yourname):Library:preferences:Explorer with your exported _file.

6) Launch Safari

Now, when you click the book icon, you'll see the Imported IE Bookmarks folder now contains your Chimera Bookmarks.... move them where you want them (Toolbar or Menu)

Originally posted by ScottW
Thanks...

Well, it looks like Mozilla rendering or Gecko or whatever. I like IE's rendering better, always have. But, IE is slow and buggy.

I wonder if this move by Apple will kill development by IE for Mac or if it will make it stronger?

Safari use KHTML (KDE Konquerer) so it is not Gecko (Mozilla ports) or IE's Tasmanian (I think)

Originally posted by Dime5150
Major bug. Unable to log into hotmail on there website!

Ooopsies Apple! I'm sure there are users that want to get into there hotmail account!:rolleyes:

maybe you need to check the cookie pref under "Safari" menu it is set to "Only from sites you navigate to" by default so you want to change it to "always"

Originally posted by pbmac
Safari Sucks! The stuff I need isn't implemented:
- Tabbed Browsing
- Bookmarks Pane
- Password remembrence
I will not use Safari until these features are added. In the meanwhile I will stick to the King of Browsers: Mozilla!!

- matthias
- pbmac

Bookmarks Pane? you mean sidebar in Chimera?

Safari has nicest Bookmark manager! click the "book" icon in favorites bar on the left..

i askone thing of people... check out everything beore you complain about any program not having something PLZ

Back