flashing srceen screensaver pref crashing

lbsnoop

Registered
My boss installed system 10.4.3 on our emac at work, since then the screen is flashing black after being idle for 15 mins, when you go into screensaver pref it closes the screensaver pref box down so you cant change any settings. help?

As a System Admin you should know you can go to /Applications/Utilities/ and use Console's logs to figure out what is causing the problem.

we dont understand what you mean! We are not System administrators! We are medical illustrators who use Macs in a PC work environment. Out IT support can only help with PC prblems, therefore we are on our own with this one. I looked up consol logs, it says error, crashed...error crashed over and over.....this obviously has shed no loght on the subject as we knew it was crashing! Can anyone help us out?

Now does all the System Preferences crash or just when you go into Energy Saver or Screen Saver? I say this because you may have some corrupted preference files.

hi, it was only crashing when you tried to go into the screensaver preferences. A colleague tried to reinstall 10.4.3 and now there are no preferences at all!!

Back