FM Transmitter

Hughvane

Registered
To fellow audiophiles out there:

Which FM transmitter [a.k.a. broadcaster, sender] would you recommend for connection to my computer so that I can broadcast my large collection of music in iTunes to various other audio units here and there about my home?

I know of the Belkin, Cygnet and Griffin brands. The transmitter must be connected to the audio-out of my eMac via 3.5 mm audio cable, have variable transmission frequency between 88 and 108 MHz, and have a transmission radius of 30 - 50 metres.

I had a terrible experience with thise FM Transmitters, they never perform as well as they say they do. The quality is poor and the distance is greatly exagerated. I have tried and returned 2 of them now and 1 was the Belkin.

I recomend using your WiFi to push the signal to your different locations with an AirPort Express. The $100 price tag is kind of spendy and it only hooks up to 1 unit. It will work where as the FM transmitters (at least the ones in the $30-$50 range) will fail you.

Gotta agree with Yellowbeard... my Belkin iPod FM transmitter gets the worst reception, unless placed within a foot or so of the radio antenna.

If you want clear sound, go with the AirPort Express option like Yellowbeard suggested.

Back