Force ntp-based update of system clock in shell

michaelsanford

Translator, Web Developer
My battery's dead and upon resetting the PMU, or unplugging my iBook from the wall, the system clock resets. For some silly reason, getting the latest time from the system-configured ntp server doesn't happen at boot.

How do I force ntp update on boot? I can assume that I'm plugged into ethernet before I boot, so not having a network connection is essentially never going to happen.

Thanks!

I suppose I could hup ntpd, but I was hoping for a "more elegant" solution (if one exists!)

One problem with that is that I've spent so much time in Slackware recently that I've forgotten where the equivalent rc.local file is on OS X :/

I suppose I could hup ntpd, but I was hoping for a "more elegant" solution (if one exists!)

One problem with that is that I've spent so much time in Slackware recently that I've forgotten where the equivalent rc.local file is on OS X :/

Launchd is being used to launch ntpd. But it's actually calling /usr/libexec/ntpd-wrapper which is just a shell script to launch ntpd with certain parameters.

What's in your ntpd.conf file and what parameters are being flagged via ntpd-wrapper?

Back