force quit

emvogia

Registered
please somebody explain to me what is the last button for the "Force Quit" function? I MAY BE IN the wrong forum but I don't know the proper one! Sorry again!

Thanx in advance!

p.s. how can I completely uninstall Quicktime 7 ?

Thanx again

alt+apple+esc

and To delete quicktime go HD > Applications > quicktime > drag to bin > empty bin securely :)

When You Mention: Empty Bin "securely" What Do You Mean? What Does Securely Means? Is There Any Special Button?

Thanx Again..!@

You don't need to "securely" empty the trash in order to get rid of QuickTime. Simply drag it to the trash and empty.

If you plan on reinstalling QuickTime, you may need to remove the QuickTime.pkg file from /Library/Recepts.

Still Exist! It Says That It Is Unable To Install The New Version Becaus Of An Older One That Is Installed!!

Is There Anything That I Can Do More?

Thanx...!

If you want to go back to QuickTime 6 from QT7, use Apple's dedicated QuickTime 6 reinstaller. Apple also has some QuickTime 7 downgraders, to go back to 7.0.1 from newer versions, in case you're having incompatibilities. If you're not looking to downgrade, then....well, don't uninstall QuickTime! It's an essential part of the OS.

Note that QuickTime is not the same as QuickTime Player. QuickTime Player is just an application like any other. QuickTime is a system-wide service used by a wide variety of applications. Deleting QuickTime Player does not affect QuickTime itself.

emvogia - as a fellow switcher I strongly urge you to buy something like the Missing Manual for your chosen version of OsX. It is worth every penny - in 11 months of use it has paid for itself a dozen times over. I now know far more about Mac Os tham I ever did about Windows (though that possibly says as much about the light years between them as it does about Missing Manuals).
Of course, in the interests of commercial propriety I should probably mention that "other Mac Os X hints, tips, pointers and shortcut guides are available".
easterhay

Back