force quitting an iDisk transfer

yanges

MacHead
i use Jaguar currently...

i was recently transferring a large QT movie to my iDisk and it locked up when 'finishing'

is there a way to force quit a transfer like that?

i tried everything i could think think of, but nothing worked...

i had to shut off my power strip cause i could not shut the computer down either and it damaged some files which i repaired w/ fsck -y and all was good again...

i want to try again, but am afraid if it locks up again i will have to shut the power strip off and i do not want to do it that way...

Thanks!

If it works on Jaguar, download TinkerTool, and switch on "Add Quit option to Finder" or something like that. Then, press Apple and Q to close the Finder, this should end the transfer. Click the Finder icon on the dock to 'restart'.

I can't promise this as the safest solution. I do it, but I was on Panther last time I used iDisk. I don't know about the integrity difference.

Convert said:
If it works on Jaguar, download TinkerTool, and switch on "Add Quit option to Finder" or something like that. Then, press Apple and Q to close the Finder, this should end the transfer. Click the Finder icon on the dock to 'restart'.

I can't promise this as the safest solution. I do it, but I was on Panther last time I used iDisk. I don't know about the integrity difference.

that sounds good!

i forgot that i could probably do the same thing by using the quit process in process viewer or whatever it is called....

Back