Free iTunes music from Pepsi?

I'm still considering Pepsi Co. will have something on that song, either a shortened track, or a voice over, like a dj on a mixtape. makes it so irritating that you have to get the real version for your own sanity.

"The Joy of F#$%^%' Pepsi"

I still love Pepsi, and Tropicana, since pepsi Co also owns that. I heard the Dew has some kind of dye that makes a mans privates shrink. One of those urban myths.

Think about it.
In the past couple of years over a billion kids have been downloading music because it was free. So what does Pepsi get out of this? You know how many people will run out and buy a pepsi just to see if they won a free song (legally I might add!)? I mean, I for one am going to run out to the store and buy a couple pepsi's just for free music, not to drink. Pepsi get's cash from selling all the sodas, Apple gets more customers for the downloads, and we get free music.

It's a win, win, win situation. :D

I've looked at the stream: you get a code under the cap, put in the code in iTunes and you get a free .99 C song, any song you like. It's like a gift certificate of .99 C. NO strings attached, you get a free song you can personally choose. Which will motivate you to buy pepsi and to try the iTMS: this means 100 million kids will download and install iTunes on their PC's and get exposed to the store.
A very good publicity stunt, and indeed everybody get happy. How do you get people to try your product even if it is free? Simple: give the a gift!

Originally posted by Trip
Think about it.
In the past couple of years over a billion kids have been downloading music because it was free. So what does Pepsi get out of this? You know how many people will run out and buy a pepsi just to see if they won a free song (legally I might add!)? I mean, I for one am going to run out to the store and buy a couple pepsi's just for free music, not to drink. Pepsi get's cash from selling all the sodas, Apple gets more customers for the downloads, and we get free music.

It's a win, win, win situation. :D

Not if you don't win a free song and you hate Pepsi...!!!
:confused:

There's a 1 in 3 chance of winning. And I hate Pepsi more than anything...but hey: FREE MUSIC!!!

Trip,
so say you buy two Pepsis, and your friend buys the winning 3rd? the 3rd one YOU buy might not be a winner...

Heh sorry. I hate the Lottery! LOL :D

But not only Pepsi - is it? Haven't seen the details but I swear I heard/read something about other pepsi products as well. I hate Pepsi Cola but I like their other products.

If you don't like Pepsi, Diet Pepsi or Sierra Mist, you could always just pick the bottles out of the trash because some people won't care or won't look. ;)

Ah yes, Sierra Mist! I love that one! cool!
And mom likes Pepsi - so I'll have to tell her to give me all the Pepsi bottles that have yellow caps! :)

But, I can't wait till February! I want my free music NOW! :p :D

The songs are NOT going to have Pepsi ads in them! Stop saying that!

It's a song credit. Any song. Just as if you bought it normally.

I typically get a case of Pepsi every couple of weeks, mixed in with some Sprite, Sunkist or other stuff. During this promo, it will be Pepsi only. Great promo.

Originally posted by twister
If you don't like Pepsi, Diet Pepsi or Sierra Mist, you could always just pick the bottles out of the trash because some people won't care or won't look. ;)

possibly a little extreme?!

very funny, anyway - i have visions of iTMS junkies scavenging around in municipal dumps looking for Pepsi bottle tops in order to get their fix!!!

:p

Too bad this isn't being done by the Milk Board or anything... all that carbonation, just for a 33% chance of getting a "free" song...

BTW, there's never such a thing as a free lunch. You might pay $3 to buy 3 20-oz. bottles of Pepsi just to get 1 free song, so you're really spending $2/song.

yeah, I'd much prefer if it was by a company who made something I already bought.... like milk.... or orange juice.... or veggie-burgers.... or Oreos.... lol.

action will start on Feb 1

promopepsi-h10162003.gif

Hmm. Looks like I'm a Pepsi-drinker as of 2/1/04 (until April, that is. Then its back to good old Coke).

I was in the Apple Store watching the sattellite broadcast, and the first thing that came to mind was "where can I get a lot of empty pepsi bottles?"

Yes! Tons of people won't care about this at my school...that garbage digging idea is gold! I'll really do it and probably get like $10 free bucks! A FREE CD! :D

No, but that post coupled with his most recent in Herve's makes Trip look like a desparate bum or something... you might want to avoid trash-digging until you feel better about yourself, Trip.

Back