Free Macintosh Software!

Randy Singer

Registered
As you may know, there is a bunch of free software for the Macintosh that is really excellent. I decided to create a Web site to catalog all of the really good free software for the Macintosh so that folks could easily find whatever sort of software that they needed if it came in a free version. In creating the Web site, I was surprised by how much awesome free software there is for the Mac. Currently there are 134 listings on my site! Check it out:

If you have any additions to suggest, I'd love to hear them!

You don't list any browsers - which are free. Or is that another category?

I did notice that your web sites are showing as 'not secure'.

You don't list any browsers - which are free. Or is that another category?

Actually...I do! I have Brave listed, and Brave is the only browser that I currently recommend. It has the best security (with standard settings) of any browser for the Macintosh. Not to mention that Brave is FAST, it blocks ads without the need for an added extension, it is wonderfully compatible with just about every odd site on the Web, and it is supremely customizable. See:

I did notice that your web sites are showing as 'not secure'.

It isn't HTTPS. I don't even know how to make it HTTPS.

You can start with...

Ah. Basically all it takes is money. All of my Web sites are free, and I derive no income from them. In fact, they are a financial drain on me. They exist only for the benefit of Mac users.

I'm loath to invest a lot more money into them than I already have. If folks are scared off because they get a message from Google saying that my sites are "insecure"... it's their loss, not mine.

I sure hope you have Universal or Silicon apps on your page in M1-2 era!

However the free software I like is free weather Finder application called Meteorologis. Then there is free Onyx and the free hackie program TinkerTool! Also is free stream radio program onMac App Store called Soma FM that I use when surfing!

Back