Free OSX 10.1

cartel

Registered
I've been reading that the 10,1 upgrade is free unless you get it from Apple. The question is, where can I get it free from. Though I'm close to NYC I don't want to drive an hour and a half to get it and I really don't want to pay the $20 bucks. The computer stores in the Poconos are all wintel oriented.....

help me... pppppllllllllleeeeeeeaaaaaaassssssssseeeeee

It should be available from major dealers that have Apple stuff. For example, while our CompUSA is 90% WinTel, they do carry Macs and (few) Mac titles for software.

I picked it up Saturday at the CompUSA in Phoenix. Each store has a limited supply but will hopefully get more. If you don't have a CompUSA, you may have to order from Apple, complete with the $20 shipping charge and 6 week delivery time.

I received an email from either www.macmall.com or warehouse.com (can't remember which) saying they were selling the Apple OS X 10.1 upgrade for $3.95 shipping. Not sure if that's still valid, however.

Ken Linger

I received an email from either www.macmall.com or warehouse.com (can't remember which) saying they were selling the Apple
OS X 10.1 upgrade for $3.95 shipping. Not sure if that's still valid, however.

Nope. They (MacMall) are charging $9.95 (for shipping & handling) for the upgrade CD. MacWarehouse doesn't seem to be listing the upgrade at all, just the full version.

do I need to show any kind of proof that I own 10.0 when going into compUSA or will they just hand it over?

don't want to waste a trip out there...

We in the Scranton PA Area are bombarded with wintel people. It took me until yesterday to get a straight answer out of circuit city that the were going to have the update

I have heard both ways. It would probably be best to take some form of proof with you, just to be safe. Certainly can't hurt!

Originally posted by hotani
do I need to show any kind of proof that I own 10.0 when going into compUSA or will they just hand it over?

don't want to waste a trip out there...

Back