FreeiPods.com Isn't a Free Launch

Well, I tried to investigate this. Even though 20 something people attempted to help out, only one person followed through and completed an offer. So, they do have a good thing going. Their inability to ship iPods if indeed they can't get them fast enough is not an issue with them, but with the supplier. However... it may just be an excuse.

I read an article that one guy actually got an HP iPod instead of an Apple one, apparently since the HPs were available at the time.

what is the difference between the hp ipod and the original ipod? i only thought it was the packeging :)

ScottW said:
Well, I tried to investigate this. Even though 20 something people attempted to help out, only one person followed through and completed an offer. So, they do have a good thing going.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but it rather sounds like you're blaming those of us who tried to help out for 'not following through.' I signed up through your link and I "followed through and completed an offer" about a week and a half ago, but still have not received credit for doing so. They make you wait 15 days before letting you complain, so I have about 5 to go before I can send them a complaint.

Are you so sure that it is the fault of people 'not following thorough' or could it be the fault of freeipods.com not giving credit where credit is due?

Is anyone else out there still waiting to receive credit for an offer they completed?

This is for real, I heard of people that they got theirs, the problem is that apple doesnt ship them out. I went to a shop to get a ipod last week, they told me all ipods are gone, but we can order them, they'll be here by friday, which would have been two days, I thought fine, 2 days what ever, but now they told me it will come this week friday, really makes me angry, I want my iPod!!!

I heard they're coming from eCost.com, and jimbo it's just like Fox, ABC, NBC, Radio, ect they make money through ads, they are getting paid, just not by you :)

I completed the offer for the 12 Cd's for the price of 1 offer plus s&h. Kinda freakin me out b/c that was 6:00pm and here it is 4 AM the next day and it still hasnt charged my card. I havent even gotten a confirmation e-mail from BMG yet. I hope i didnt make a mistake by doing this. If this is bogus, this will be the second time in a year ive had to change my debit card.

I heard that if you have special plastic, paper, and metal called "money" you can purchase an iPod or iPod Mini. I can't believe Apple is pulling this scam making us pay for their products. Oh geez, what will they think of next!

free instead of paying is cool with me (provided all this is even real). Personally I was looking into getting the Blockbuster Online thing anyway, so it was just killing 2 birds with one stone :p

Oh and an update from the Gear Live Forums

yonatan: I'm asking about the availability... about this freeipods.com "deal" and i saw that they order from you yet people have been saying that it takes over a month to receive them...
eCost Representative: well that's changing soon
eCost Representative: the deal started when the 20GB was just introduced
eCost Representative: so there was a bottle neck in production
eCost Representative: Apple and HP have considerablly caught up
yonatan: Oh, Apple wasn't keeping up with the market?
eCost Representative: so it'll be less of a problem
eCost Representative: no they weren't
yonatan: That's good.
eCost Representative: in fact Mini's are still a problem
eCost Representative: they trickle in
eCost Representative: but we haven't recieved the "mother load" that was promised yet
eCost Representative: plus when free ipods started they were doing the 15GB
eCost Representative: which was easy to get
yonatan: ...but I'm being pressured by my ***, they all completed their freeipods.com stuff and are waiting for their ipods. Again, I really hate doing this but do you think it will take weeks until they get their iPods or rather over a month?
eCost Representative: not sure
eCost Representative: we just shipped a boat load not long ago
eCost Representative: and are waiting for the next wave to hit us
eCost Representative: it's getting better and better
yonatan: Okay, I'm sure they will be very glad to hear that. Smile
yonatan: So how many iPods do you reckon you will be getting from Apple\HP in the upcoming weeks, enough to fill... plus other companies' orders?
eCost Representative: the mother load is about 10K
eCost Representative: but I don't think we'll see that
eCost Representative: it'll be about 500 to 1000

yes, it does in fact work. a friend of mine completely faked his referrals and was shipped an HP iPod a few weeks ago. that was when they had the ebay option which required no credit card. he had to wait a number of weeks for it to go into shipment status though, i forget how many.

So what is the status of the MacOSX.com investigation currently? I know my offer completion has finally come through. Have enough others come through that you have been able to order at least 1 iPod?

I have 2 green and 17 yellow. I need 5 green for the iPod. :( I have two people that will definatly do it as soon as I can help them get it done. I would only need 1 more after that. :)

Back