freewire

the guy rang me and said probably a comptability issue and he hadn't heard of it happening before, still not good enough though :( i live in the uk & connect on a uni network , ive checked out that page before , no use unfortunately

Maybe it's your location?
Do you know someone else who connects to your same uni network, and can successfully use freetv with a Mac (or even from a PC)?
If you have a laptop, maybe you could try using THEIR connection at their location.
If freetv works there, then you may have a router configuration issue, such as a firewall that is configured far too tightly.
If it still doesn't work at a different location, then perhaps the university/ISP is not providing full multicast support for Macs.

Maybe it's your location?
Do you know someone else who connects to your same uni network, and can successfully use freetv with a Mac (or even from a PC)?
If you have a laptop, maybe you could try using THEIR connection at their location.
If freetv works there, then you may have a router configuration issue, such as a firewall that is configured far too tightly.
If it still doesn't work at a different location, then perhaps the university/ISP is not providing full multicast support for Macs.
i dont wanna ask anyone to try on theirs.. seems like others posted on facebook about the issue i had but freewire on the phone when i spoke to them hadn' heard of it, thought bout trying it at home on my pc , but on other hand bit pointless cos i have a tv at home, but do you think its good to test it? yeah maybe not support for mac, that could be it

Why not test it at home? I would be interested to know if you can get it to work anywhere, on any computer?

Another option: if you see others on Facebook that report problems with freewire, but freewire hasn't heard about it... Then, you could fix that little problem easily :D
Complain to free wire, and - Ask your facebook friends to complain to freewire, too. That would make it difficult for freewire to make the same statement, eh?

Back