Ftp

acidtuch10

Registered
Hey all --- Well I am Looking for OSX GM --- any help ? my ftp is dav.dyndns.org user and pass is mac --- Be nice and upload or down load ...

THX
ACIDTUCH10

I'd like to ftp you the GM, but I have not the time, you can d/l it from the address in the above mentioned thread

I have 5G64 and that's all I have. Im in school right now and my cable connection at home is having problems right now. I will be happy to upload it as soon as I can. I also have heard that 5G64 isnt GM. And that the GM version is 5J24. Anyone else heard this?

-whitesaint

Originally posted by whitesaint
I have 5G64 and that's all I have. Im in school right now and my cable connection at home is having problems right now. I will be happy to upload it as soon as I can. I also have heard that 5G64 isnt GM. And that the GM version is 5J24. Anyone else heard this?

-whitesaint

everyone familiar with the community knows that since several reputable places like macfixit announced that 5g64 was the GM the rush has been on to get a copy.

this is the second number and some other guy just told me it had an "i" in it.
and on another thread.... 5g68
someone who reads this forum also posess a retail version in their hands.

please

<blockquote>
Please go to this directory on the CD

cd "/Volumes/Mac OS X Install CD/System/Installation/Packages/Essentials.pkg/Contents/Resources"

and copy the contents of these two files to this list

software_version

package_version

for 5G64
they are:

s= Mac OS X
10.1 (build 5G64)

p= Major: 5
Minor: 182

and a big hooray for MacOSX.com by showing big community spirit.

I hope Apple accepts your proposal, as it will deflate some of the self importance on the hotline servers.

I believe that someone is playing a joke about the 5G68 issue.
please no hysteria... every one get correct and reliable info.
<b>
September 2001---- : month of terrorism in the world on the net and in the mac community.
</b>

</blockquote>

No, I think 5G64 is GM.
5J24 is an early build of 10.2... Just kidding :)
No, I'm not allowed to talk about it...
Where have you read/heard that 5J24 is the 10.1 GM?

What? Do you have 5J24? Where did you get it from? I didn't know that anyone had leaked it yet, it's only available to selected AppleSeed members, I think. And, I'm not allowed to talk about what it is...

I got it a couple of days ago, from where doesn't matter. I just have the CD at home, haven't installed it yet... thinking of though.

Wonder what differs from it and 5G64 though... perhaps it has more languages in it? Swedish for example... just a thought. 5G64 is still 10.1 GM.

Originally posted by ablack6596
What is an appleseed member? How do i become one?:confused:

You guys are unbelievable.....

Go to the ADC site at http://connect.apple.com/

read all about Apple Developer Programs.

You can get access to the seeding programs after you join in a paid membership (starting at ~$500)

then you will get all developer mailings and be entittled to varying numbers of seed keys, (which you apply separately for)

and you get copies of every system software variation 4 times a year.

other discounts, etc.

Really worth it if you are a mac support or developer professional.

You also sign a NDA which says you are not supposed to release any information before apple does.....

Also, you are not supposed to release software on Hotline, etc., however.......

seems to be there anyway.....

You can get access to the seeding programs after you join in a paid membership (starting at ~$500)

then you will get all developer mailings and be entittled to varying numbers of seed keys, (which you apply separately for)

No, you're talking about ADC Seed now. I'm an AppleSeed member. That's not the same. AppleSeed members gets selected (if they're lucky) to test OS'es/apps. That's completely free, but you have to report ALL bugs and crashes you experiece (and that's the whole point about the program). I signed up several weeks ago, and was selected to test a Mac OS X build.
You can sign up for http://appleseed.apple.com . It really looks like they need members, because they write "If you're interrested, please sign up" on their homepage :) .

ADC Seed is something different, because you have to pay for it, and I don't know if they need to report bugs.

I, on the other hand, have been an AppleSeed member since the beginning of the year (or was it some time late last year?)and have never heard anything. :( And I was thinking it was going to be so fun playing with all the new software ;)

just download the update from the alt.binaries.mac.applications newsgroup. (you can pick up a few other apps while your there too.) did it yesterday, burned the disc, loaded everything. works like a charm!

The versions of X 10.1 shipped to developers for testing, even the GM, have debug code which is stripped before the thing is packaged. Who cares what the final version was, according to this apple guy you don't get that exact same OS if you're installing a dev build.
take it for what you will...
*shrug*

Back