Full page adds

Satcomer

In Geostationary Orbit
As regular user of this forum and lately I have seen Full Page adds thrown my way on ths site! What's going on Scott?

Are you still getting those full page ads? I am wondering if it was similar to an ad I got suddenly on a different site. It was a full page that appeared to look like a pop up ad but I couldn't close it out. The only way to get rid of it was to close the window. Then opened a new browser window and went back to that site and everything was fine.

I must admit the ad was suppose to scare me into downloading an app to get rid of all those pesky bad files that I was being warned I supposedly have.

Several sites are back to the ads that are so bad that you just close the window and go somewhere else.

I know that everybody needs to make some body, but some strategies do backfire. Ads are ok as long as these are not too obtrusive. When you lose all your readers, your ads have no value left.

That's probably not directly controlled by Scott, more probably a Google Ads issue.

Ad programs like Google Ads pay off on page views. The more people visit your site, the more the ads are seen, the more money the site makes. And it's not just web pages. The phone apps - specifically the games - have some really strange ads playing before you can get to the next level. Of course if you pay a monthly fee, you can play ad free.
Social media is another place where ads can overwhelm you. Unless the owner changes rules, decides to fire workers and essentially creates a place that people decide to stay away from hence no views, advertisers pull out, and as a result no revenue.

Not really. Just as I finished reading your last post, I got an ad that grayed out the entire web page for a small rectangular ad that was in Spanish (which I don't speak or read). When I tried to dismiss it, it gave me an option to give google feedback or go to google ad setting to change my preference.

Back