G4 12" Powerbook 867mhz to Epson Stylus Photo 2200

jrbehm

Registered
Sir/Madam:

I've been trying unsuccessfully to print photos from my Powerbook to my Epson 2200. The Epson works perfectly with my G3 Blue & White running OS 9.2.2, but I haven't been able to print a single thing from the Powerbook running OS 10.2.8.

After I send the print (made with Photoshop7.0.1) to the print center, I repeatedly receive the warning that all jobs to the printer hve been stopped. When I open the printer Info, I toggle the "Start" button, only to have it try for a long period before it returns to "Stopped".

It doesn't matter what variations I attempt, it won't print.

If I open the Printer Driver and send a "Check Nozzles" or similar maintenance command, it performs those as expected, so commands are getting from the computer to the printer. Just no job files.

I have reloaded OS 10.2.8 and downloaded and reloaded the newest Epson driver for OS 10, again, to no avail.

Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jeff Behm

The Epson drivers on 10.2 were buggy at best. Your best bet would be to Gimp it. Be sure you read all the instructions for using Gimp. The 2200 is fully supported if you read all the instructions.

Back