G4 audio visual port

cherylll

Registered
One of my G4's I am able to connect to a TV with a VGA cable. But my other G4 doesn't use the same cable. The port instead has 3 rows of holes (for pins) and then beside that, a plus sign with a hole in each quarter. What kind of cable is needed to connect this G4 to a TV, please? It's an HDTV. It's a 1Ghz PowerBook G4 15" with OS 10.4.11. It doesn't have Bluetooth. Thanks

That's most likely a DVI cable, and you can get a DVI-to-HDMI converter if you'd like to connect that computer to your TV (if your TV supports HDMI).

Here are pictures of DVI connections, just to be sure:

http://dsnimg.dell.com/images/external/images/Monitor/277px-DVI_Connector_Types.svg.png

If it doesn't look like any of those, then the connector might be an ADC connector -- which is a proprietary Apple display/power connector -- in which case, it may be more trouble than it's worth to connect it to your TV. You'll probably need multiple converters (unless you're happy with the VGA connection to the TV), and if you convert ADC to DVI, then DVI to HDMI, sometimes it just doesn't work.

Back