G5 10.3.9 internet locks up constantly.Help!

dj-kurt

Registered
This is my first post on here so , hello .
My internet keeps locking up all the time . It mainly happens when its loading alot of stuff when opening a page on a website with alot of pics etc . It constantly freezes if I try and download something as well as sendind/recieving stuff via msn/skype , its really starting to annoy me now . When it locks up , it wont let me disconnect internet connect , I have to restart the whole system then reconnect to the net again . Ive cleared my cache and repaired permissions and it dosent help atall .

I have a G5 dual 1.8 with 2.5 gig of ram and a 1 mb speed internet with wanadoo broadband .Someone plz help me! , its making my internet experiance on os x a nightmare! .

Have you tried to use Disk Utility and "Repair Permissions"? (/Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility) Also in the /Applications/Utilities/ folder is an application called Console. Look at the system log to see if OS X is trying to tell you what is causing the problem. I say this because freezing like that can be the result of faulty/inferior RAM.

Back