G5 and matrox RT MAC

zamalekk

Registered
i need a quick help from any one
i have a G5 2.0 GHZ dual processor
and i have a problem with a Vedio card matrox RT Mac
i cant run it proberly
i have all updated drivers and updates
and i heve seen the instruction in Matrox website that says this model is not supported for G5
is it true??
is there any solution??
is there any updat for firmware??? or any thing like that??????
Many thanks for urgent reply

It's true that the Matrox web site has announced that Matrox does not yet support the RT Mac on the G5.
"Matrox has not certified RTMac for use with the Power Mac G5. Although some limited testing shows that it can work with the RTMac driver version 4.1, problem-free operation cannot be guaranteed and as such, the Power Mac G5 is not supported"
So, if you have both the card, and a G5, you could try it, but so far, Matrox doesn't support it directly, which means that they don't guarantee that will work (yet).
Here's another capture card, that does have G5 support -HERE's the link...

DeltaMac said:
It's true that the Matrox web site has announced that Matrox does not yet support the RT Mac on the G5.
"Matrox has not certified RTMac for use with the Power Mac G5. Although some limited testing shows that it can work with the RTMac driver version 4.1, problem-free operation cannot be guaranteed and as such, the Power Mac G5 is not supported"
So, if you have both the card, and a G5, you could try it, but so far, Matrox doesn't support it directly, which means that they don't guarantee that will work (yet).
Here's another capture card, that does have G5 support -HERE's the link...

many thaks for urgent reply
but, i want to know the situation of progress they work on
are they going on work to solv it or there is no hope??
many thanks again

DeltaMac said:
The best place to contact is Matrox - They should answer your question.
Another statement from the Matrox site -
Matrox has no plans for any additional driver releases for the RTMac

From what I see at the Matrox site, you should not hope for much. If you want to call their tech support line, it will cost you $29.95 for a support call.
http://www.matrox.com/video/support/rtmac/contact.cfm

Did you look at this solution? http://www.aja.com/products_kona.html

many thanks for your reply
now i am sure there is no hope
i had a look to aja and i called the reseller man in my country and i will meet him to get some additional information
Many thanks for your helpfull reply

Back