G5 frequently crashes!!!

DUNNO

Registered
Hello there. I have a problem with my G5 frequently crashing. Most of the time it does so when I'm using Nuendo 2.0, so it might look like it is more a problem of that software. I will post this here anyway hoping that somebody can help and due to the fact that it is also sporadically happening to other applications (so it ight be another problem). Mainly it happens that way that the monitor freezes while the icon of the mouse cursor is showing that the Mac is working (cumbersomely expressed, the multi-colored circle of OSX - Oh damn, you know what I mean). From there on I can't do nothing (no force quit or whatsoever) but turning the computer off.
Sometimes the Screen will even turn suddenly dark in the middle of my working. While these crashes may not occur for days, they sometimes occur so often that it is just impossible for me to do my work and this drives me insane. (I have alrady tried to exclude possibilities of buggy plug-ins for Nuendo etc.. the best I could before posting here)
I dont know if someone has an idea or a link that helps me, but if so, I would be really grateful.

My Specs:
Mac G5 Dual 2GHz 3.5 GB / 320GB HD / 2 Monitors
Mac OSX 10.3.5
RME Hammerfall 9652 PCI
TC Powercore PCI

O.K. First all, I am going to ask some questions.

1) When did it start showing the symptoms? After 10.3.5 install or before?

2) Do the symptoms come back when not using Nuendo? Did you check

3) How long have you been using this software? Did you check the software manufacture's support site?

4) Also, did you check out Nuendo's forum site? Some other users there are having the same problems.

Have you repaired permissions using Disk Utility in the Applications>Utility folder?

First of all thank you both.
I had actually done all the things you have mentioned but maybe now I have found (part of) the solution by reading a thread in the Nuendo forum a second time. It may have something to do with the activation of the ethernet port but I have to check that again before I can say for sure. If this is the case I will post that more exactly here and on the Nuendo forum. If not I will beg you all for further help.
Cheers,
Dunno

I have posted that I have a similar problem. If you do find a solution please share. Thanks

DUNNO said:
Hello there. I have a problem with my G5 frequently crashing.
I dont know if someone has an idea or a link that helps me, but if so, I would be really grateful.

I was having freezes and the message to restart. My last effort was to boot TechTool Pro 4 from the cd drive. I ran suite 2 and I am now a very happy camper! It worked for me even after I was convinced I might have a hardware problem. Hope it works for you. I would sure try it before getting desperate and sending you computer back or something.

Back