Games for clausual gamer

moijk

Registered
I work full time and study, so you can imagine how little time I have for games. but at times I'd love to kill some minutes. so any good games for my use? I got both a radeon 4870 mac pro and a macbook pro with 9600m gt 512mb so I should be able to run about anything. Dualboot is ofcourse out of the question

World of Warcraft? The Sims 3? Diablo? What kind of games are you into? RPGs? JRPGs? Sports? Strategy? Action? Puzzle?

Or maybe a nice game of ball, outside, in the real world? ;)

When I asked for games for the clausal gamer, I implied games that I could take a round of in fifteen minutes / half an hour and get back to work. Now your suggestions are good. World of Warcraft, the sims 3 and diablo are great if you got the entire weekend in front of you. But I wasn't too clear, so I'll try to be more specific.

Since I have been playing games at times for my entire life (since the vic 20 in around 1981), I love retro games and play some on the emulators. But I'd like to play some modern games. I want enough eye candy to make use of my computers capeabilities, but a gameplay that doesn't require hours and hours of training to have fun with. Back in the day I played a lot of games that would be games like breakout clones, sidescroller shootemups, racing games, beatem ups and puzzle/board games. But those doesn't usually use much of my computers powers. so I'm ready for a modern alternative. I used to play battlefield 2 a while ago, and I at least had fun getting constantly shot ;) but took a bit too much time, though.

Ah, yes, I misunderstood your original question.

I'm not too big into gaming on the computer, but I remember games by Ambrosia under OS 7/8/9. Nice, easy to pick up, good graphics... It looks like they've got a game or two for OS X -- maybe worth a look:

http://www.ambrosiasw.com

Personally, World of Warcraft is my choice. Yes, it can be a time sink if you choose. But since I have stopped playing hardcore a couple of months ago, I like hoppin on for 15-30 mins at a time, doing a few quests, levelling a bit, messing around in the auction house or doing some dailies. Sure, I can blow 8 hours on it if I want, but if I want to just kill some time or break up the monotony of the day, I can do that no problem with WoW. Just don't get hooked... cause then you won't have to worry about that job anymore. *sly grin*

But if WoW isn't your thing go with Lego Star Wars or Lego Indiana Jones. The levels take 10-15 mins a piece, cool music and all those characters you loved from the movies... in lil Lego format.

Back