Gaming help

Jethack 1

Registered
I just bought a new iMac with 1 processor with a speed of 3.06 GHz, dual core,
4 gigs of memory, and a bus speed of 1.07 GHz.
I'm trying to run an old Tiger Woods golf game on it. When I put in the CD it says the game requires a bus speed of 500 MHz and at least 1 MB of disk space free and the game will not run.
Being brand new, the Mac has almost all of it's memory space available and the speed required (500MHz) for the game is well below the bus speed of my computer (1.07GHz). Any ideas why the game won't run? Thanks.
Rick

What version of that golf game? It should say 2003, or 2005, or similar on the label.
An old game might need Classic (which can't work on an Intel processor), or maybe the game simply can't run on an Intel Mac - or the game is not compatible with the newer versions of OS X.
You could try looking for a newer version of TW PGA golf. There have been 2 or three versions that were sold for use on the Mac.

Thanks for the reply. It is Tiger Woods 2005. I thought about that after I posted the question. It runs on my old mac, but maybe it can't work with the intel processor.

Could be that your machine is so fast that the processor check it does is interpreting its specs as too slow, a bug.

Back