Garageband icon + various problems

clapton12

Registered
I've had my MacBook for just over a year, and have never had a problem. I am a musician, and recently have discovered the joys of Garageband. However, after a small recording session last night, I noticed the GB icon on my dock was "darker," and after attempting to open it this morning, the icon became nothing but a silhouette (a pure black guitar). I looked in my Applications folder, and the icon there was just the standard "white sheet of paper" icon. At the same time, I've began having other problems with the speed of my computer. It stalls MUCH more (the rotating rainbow) when opening programs (any, not just GB) than it did last night. I'm beginning to get worried. Any suggestions?

Sounds like you never performed any regular software maintenance & cleaning of your Mac. Just download the simple program Yasu (Yet Another System Utility) and run all the maintenance/cleaning routines. After the program reboots your Mac immediately reboot the Mac again to rebuild the shutdown and startup cache (to speed up the restart/shutdown routines).

See if this helps and please report back.

Note: you could also try to reset the nvram to help too.

Back