Gateway's iMac look-alike!

This computer is all fine and dandy but can the computer run OS X, no. Sure it looks great but it still runs the crappy Windows XP OS that only causes problems. Also this computer does not support firewire either. Screw USB 2.0, from what I heard USB 2.0 isn't even supported in XP but I could be mistaken. Until Microsoft can develop an OS that even comes close to OS X then there's no reason to buy a PC at all. If an exact CLONE of the iMac was created and it ran Windows I would not buy it, would anyone else? Everyone says I bought this computer because of looks, but they are wrong, I bought it because of the power of OS X.

Why are you bad mouthing windows mate, MS already has surpassed OSX so i dont know what you are on about. It is FASTER more STABLE has more SUPPORT and SUPPORTS more Hardware then OSX.

What more do you want iMaclover?

I hear everyone say "The power of OSX" what bull, what usefull thing does OSX have over Windows that makes it so compelling. I also here the story about people saying you get twice as much work done on a Mac then a PC again this is bull. Put two people on a PC and a Mac using PS7 if you are doing any heavy duty work the PC's emensepower will make the working enviroment much more pleasurable with far far less waiting then on the Mac. And saying the Mac is more intuitive is also bolocks give me a brake.

Originally posted by FrgMstr
Why are you bad mouthing windows mate, MS already has surpassed OSX so i dont know what you are on about. It is FASTER more STABLE has more SUPPORT and SUPPORTS more Hardware then OSX.

What more do you want iMaclover?

I hear everyone say "The power of OSX" what bull, what usefull thing does OSX have over Windows that makes it so compelling. I also here the story about people saying you get twice as much work done on a Mac then a PC again this is bull. Put two people on a PC and a Mac using PS7 if you are doing any heavy duty work the PC's emensepower will make the working enviroment much more pleasurable with far far less waiting then on the Mac. And saying the Mac is more intuitive is also bolocks give me a brake.

...One Advantage i see over using a Mac, is when posting Such repsonses, the auto Spell Check on the Web Browser, can be a great help, when not trying to make a fool of yourself! (Excuse the Irony!)

Nonethaless, don't start flaming, we've heard it ALL Before!

Neyo

Neyo if youve all heard all before why say it in the first place.

Come on mate leave spelling alone, thats a bit low and pretty predictable. Thinking someone is a fool because they have bad spelling on a forum is somewhat naive though. I didnt even want to spend the time i did on the last post let alone check the grammar and spelling.

FrgMstr - please be careful not to attack others. they are as entitled to their opinions as you are to yours. your post has been edited (as well as Neyo's quote of it) for that reason.

read the newly posted site rules if you have any questions about this.

Sure Sure, Sorry Man, i Jus Didn't like the direction was heading! Quite often posts can easily turn from Just a 'normal' discussion, into a full on flame war... which isn't Necessary, Especially when 9 time outta 10, the peeps have Obvious bias's, and WON'T be Swayed!

Neyo

Well at least I don't have to worry about any viruses on a Mac. I tell you what, I have a PC and I don't like it as well. Everytime I use it, it just seems to be a hassle. And please don't say that Windows is more stable, you know that is not true. All I get on my XP machine are the stupid error reports that microsoft wants me to send them so they can read them and not fix them.

ImacLover

Those stupid error reports are irritating i agree, you must admit though that you obviously are the most experienced of windows users out there, i say that not as an insult but because i never have those problems with my machine because 1) i know how to set up a Win machine very well and 2) the hardware i use is very good.

Some of my mates do suffer from the same trouble as you, then i set up their machine for them and they say the computer is pleasure to use. See where im coming from.

I take it you are not using the prof version of XP?

I am using XP pro, but no hard feelings between the two of us. you know that OS X has it's pros and XP I know has it's pro's. But i'm saying that I myself would use my Mac over My PC.

May this subject rest in peace:)

Originally posted by FrgMstr
ImacLover

Those stupid error reports are irritating i agree, you must admit though that you obviously are the most experienced of windows users out there, i say that not as an insult but because i never have those problems with my machine because 1) i know how to set up a Win machine very well and 2) the hardware i use is very good.

wouldn't the better computer work to its maximum right out of the box? you shouldn't have to tweak an OS to get it to work without errors. a greater percentage of consumers are not 'the most experienced of windows users out there' than those who can tweak it and get it to work right for awhile.
as Apple advertises... 'it just works'. that's the appeal.

The way apps work in Macs over PCs makes Macintoshes my fav machine. Nothing compares. But I am through spamming and flamming PCs. They will be there and they make great game machines. Because of the amount of game titles out there and engines created specifically for the OS.

I have a PC too, for HL games and its mod.

wouldn't the better computer work to its maximum right out of the box?

then there is no "better" computer. there isn't a mac made that works to its maximum right out of the box. to get the most out of your mac you need to tweek a few things.

even mac os 9 is a wonderful os once you get everything tweeked right. very stable and fast. but learning to tweak any os takes time and effort. no doubt that some do it better than others.

that being said, i think mac os's are probably easier to tweek than windows. unless you come from the windows world and think everything should be more complicated than it really is. and pc's are certainly much more tweekable than macs when it comes to hardware. of course that doesn't mean you won't spend a lot of time and effort getting the compatibility issues worked out. different strokes for different folks. my mac works for me and that's all i really care about.

Originally posted by Excalibur
Why are they targeting Apple in their new ads? What sense does it make to target less than 5% of the market? Are they hurting that bad? Their target should be Dell and HP/Compaq. That is their REAL competition. New users that are looking for a Mac wouldn't go to a PC, and vice versa. Especially in the consumer market, which both machines target market is.

Why? Because they're scared. They aren't targetting the 5% Apple already has, but the masses in exodus from PC-dom. They don't want Apple to gain market share, so they put out this clumsily designed iMac prototype wannabe to try and keep as many of their current users as possible. It's not targeted at Apple or their customers at all, only their current ones they fear are going to go out and buy the Apple. It's a desperate attempt, and I hope it fails miserably. It looks like a hunched over dwarf to me.

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
and pc's are certainly much more tweekable than macs when it comes to hardware. of course that doesn't mean you won't spend a lot of time and effort getting the compatibility issues worked out.

You forgot the part that after tweaking all the hardware to work seamlessly, which is weeks after you get that spanking fast system... the Windoze OS crashes on you! And after reformatting, RE TWEAKING the hardware from the last setting and getting everything to work, Apple comes out with a faster, badder system... back to the computer supply shop!

Looking back, to build a dual/quad PC to compete with a Mac in terms of performance usually set back the user so much more money, and time, and pain... Mac still works for me.

As for the 'better computer working out of the box' debate, this has less bearing on the hardware when from a reputable company.

When the average-joe user purchases their windoze machine, the chances are that they'll destroy the system in a matter of weeks/months or at the very least misuse it as so the system slows down considerably (until they become hardened Windows vet's that is).

Large computer stores (i.e. PC World in the UK) love this, it allows them to charge for their Surgery/repair/diagnostic services.

I can only talk from experience, but my sister is still using the same system that came shipping with her Bondi iMac 3 yrs ago, and you ain't met my sister!:eek:

First, is the quality going to be anything close to Apple? There is a small pic of it on Cnet, it is an ugly machine, with the cow pattern on it.

Saw the commercial last night. It starts doing flips over a line of iMacs then the CD tray opens up and a razzberry sound is made. How original :rolleyes:

Back