Geekiness percentage

Easter, you can not decipher an old sex code with a decoder for a geek code. It's like taking a text in Spanish and trying to babelfish it from "Italian to English"...

Easter said:
Hi chevy,

I don't earn any money from the Geek Code so my post was only a suggestion ...
I'm agree about to suppress the header in signature but not to lower case all: the Geek code is case sensitive; maybe in future someone will add a new token using some lower case char and then your code will be wrong.

So if you are using the Robert Hayden Geek Code v3.12 you have to use the proper case, else write down your new code or extensions. If your geek code is sent to a lexical scanner it will terminate with error, sorry.

Dyez_

Man, you're absolutely right. And as a mod I should respect the rules...

Hi Gia,
Giaguara said:
Easter, you can not decipher an old sex code with a decoder for a geek code. It's like taking a text in Spanish and trying to babelfish it from "Italian to English"...

OK! ... that's it!!! It's a Sex Code ... now I understand!
I have to find the production rules for the "Sex Code" grammar (context-free grammar, or CFG for short)*, and implant them into my head to act as lexical scanner, analyzer, push-down stack automaton (maybe I will take less time writing a software to do that).
By now I'm not worth to it.

Byez_

CFGs were first formalised as a definition by Chomsky in the 1950s, but the intuitions behind them go back way before that, and indeed are pretty straightforward. For example, if you have ever learned the definition of the well-formed formulae of propositional logic, you have learned a particular phrase structure grammar. It is also the standard format for presenting the grammar of programming languages (where it goes by the name Backus-Naur form and incidentally often is used)
For more info see Context Free Languages by Martin Emms

Back