General accessories issue

purplehaus

Registered
I am looking to acquire a cord that will allow me to connect my MacBook(intel) to my tv for video purposes. I am unsure of what the correct combination of cords is necessary or what would work best. I have both a regular and an HD/flatscreen tv.

This may be a silly question but I just do not want to purchase the wrong items. Apple seems to only market their products for newer models. Thanks for your time!

Which Mac Book do you have? I ask because we need to know to see what ports are on that model to send to the correct page at MonoPrice.com because they seem to be the cheapest cable on the net.

Apple MacBook "Core Duo" 2.0 13" (Black)

If that's "2.0 GHz" processor speed, then you should have a Mini-DVI output connector capable of generating VGA, Composite and S-video based on which adapter you choose to use.

So the next questions is... what are the options available as inputs on your TV?

Best option for quality image would likely be if your HD TV has either a Window's PC style VGA connector or a newer style full-size DVI connector (or in the case of many newer TV's -- both). Or does it only have the red/white stereo and yellow video connector trio? Or does it have the multi-pin round plug S-Video cable connector? What does it have for sound in? A pair of red and white RCA jack inputs or a single small hole that takes the same kind of plug you find on headphones? Better yet... tell us what the model numbers are on the TVs and we can probably look this up on-line.

Back