Get the Shots

Final note before we really should end this before the guns get out!

Vaccines are great, they work! Polio, measles, chicken pox, etc. Chinese virus---not so much.
It is NOT a preventative. Vax'd people still get it; just not as bad. It CAN cause very bad conditions; some causing death.
It also needs boosters, then boosters upon boosters!
NOT I (said the Little red hen :) )

Vax'd people still get it; just not as bad. It CAN cause very bad conditions; some causing death.
It also needs boosters, then boosters upon boosters!

Yes, the vaccine did prevent deaths from the virus. I, personally, am not aware of the very bad conditions you refer to that the vaccine caused. But you must keep in mind that the corona virus vaccine was fast tracked (which is one reason many people refuse it) and the reason was because of so many deaths world wide before it was conceived. There was a quick need so that people wouldn't take horse worm meds, etc. (and they still did take it with dire consequences).

And the boosters are an answer to the variant of the virus. Many of our present childhood vaccines still need boosters.

No guns, please. We are just discussing and sharing our knowledge.

Cheryl.
"Rare Side Effects of COVID Vaccines

Myocarditis and the COVID-19 Vaccines

Since April 2021, some people have developed myocarditis (inflammation of the heart muscle) and pericarditis (inflammation of the lining outside the heart) after receiving the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna coronavirus vaccines in the United States, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The problem occurs more often in adolescents (teens) and young adults, and in males.

Considering the hundreds of millions of COVID-19 vaccine doses that have been administered, these reports are very rare. The vast majority of myocarditis or pericarditis cases are mild and resolve quickly. Myocarditis is more likely to occur as a result of COVID-19 infection than as a side effect of the vaccines.

Seek medical attention right away if, within a few days of receiving the second injection of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna), you or your child experience:

Chest pain
Shortness of breath
Feelings of having a fast-beating, fluttering or pounding heartbeat
COVID can cause heart problems, too

Having COVID-19 can also cause heart problems. One study published by the CDC reports that from March 2020 to January 2021, patients with COVID-19 had nearly 16 times the risk for myocarditis compared with patients who did not have COVID-19.

Blood Clots (TTS) and the Johnson & Johnson Vaccine

Due to potential blood clots following administration of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, the CDC updated its recommendations in December 2021. The CDC noted that the two mRNA vaccines, from Pfizer and Moderna, are preferred over the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, which remains available for those who prefer it and for use in certain circumstances.

Women ages 30-49 years, especially, should be aware of the increased risk of this rare adverse event and should know that other COVID-19 vaccines are available.

If you receive a J&J vaccine, for three weeks, you should watch for possible symptoms of TTS and get medical help immediately if you have any of these symptoms:

Severe or persistent headaches or blurred vision
Shortness of breath
Chest pain
Leg swelling
Persistent abdominal pain
Easy bruising or tiny blood spots under the skin near the injection site
Is there risk of allergic reaction from COVID-19 vaccine?

According to the CDC, anyone who has a known severe allergy (e.g., anaphylaxis) to any of the vaccine ingredients should not receive that vaccine.

The CDC says people with allergies to certain foods, insects, latex and other common allergens can safely receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Those with a history of severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) to injectables or other vaccines should discuss the vaccination with their doctor, who can evaluate and assess their risk."

I really dod not mean real guns--just figuratively! If you're OK with keeping this reparte' going, I'll counter whatever claims are made.

Did you know that myocarditis and/or pericarditis is a side effect to many drugs? Just listen to the drug ads on the television (if you are in the US). and as the article you quote myocarditis appears to be a side effect of the covid virus and not the vaccine.

The blood clots were known before the J&J vaccine was released, but I don't know why it was approved anyway.

Wondering out loud: Have the vaccines produced for other countries (that didn't buy Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) have the same warnings of side effects?

Believe it or not, SGilbert, there are elements where I agree with you! :)

Most vaccines do work very well. Like Cheryl says, remember the coronavirus vaccines were rolled out very quickly and I think they have worked remarkably well! (See earlier data and more if you want it...) We're in a very different situation now compared to 2020, as a result.

The current vaccines don't totally prevent infection, no, but they hugely reduce your chances of a very bad outcome if infected, and that is good enough for me. If they reduce viral loads of infected people, they may reduce the speed of the spread too (but don't stop it, no).

Boosters: yup, we need boosters. It evolves quickly. "Coronavirus" is an umbrella term for a type of virus structure, and another type of coronavirus is the common cold, which is notoriously difficult to find a cure for (not least because of mutations)! When travelling for work, I've had to have vaccinations for other things... and, yes, boosters. And I read through the vaccination card to see how long each vaccination lasts; most certainly are not for life, put it that way. So this virus is not the only one needing regular boosters.

Finally, yes, there are potential side effects. Thankfully, they are rare, but they can happen. The same for any medication or vaccine, this is not unique. Let's go back to data; to cold, hard facts and not scare stories. As you've brought up side effects and I remember the one that caused panic was the possibility of blood clots, please can you tell us the risk of blood clots due to:

1) AstraZeneca vaccine
2) Pfizer vaccine
3) Birth control pills
4) Smoking
5) Actual infection by the coronavirus ("COVID")

It's a useful comparison. It nails down some facts and the relative risks of each... I hope you'll look these up and come back to us. :)

Update: according to article Lasting Immunity Found After Recovery of Covid-19. This explains my brother whom was vaccinated caught it at work and spent the to weeks and ihe was sick for only a day and half but did the full two weeks! After that after doing a job and new guy got from client and he was put and had to hospital! My brother never got it ever again and this explains it!

Hi Satcomer. I didn't quite understand what you meant here. You mean that your brother was vaccinated and had mild illness with the coronavirus (which is normal), while a new person caught it and went to hospital? Or the new person passed it on to your brother and, that second time, your brother ended up in hospital?

The web page you cited is from more than two years ago and only a few months into the pandemic, when we understood much less about it than we do now, so it is worth looking at newer research too. The virus mutates quickly, like other coronaviruses we know of, plus immunity from infection or from vaccination can wane after a few months. So we should expect that we can catch it again a few months later.

Research shows that each subsequent infection can increase risks of complications, which can become a downward spiral, so we should be trying to avoid infection in the first place! ;)

Back