Getting 10.2's Login Screen to Remember the User Name?

Zero

Mentos! The Freshmaker!
Hey guys, I know that 10.1 did this, but is there any way that 10.2 can be configured to have the login screen remember the user name in the user name text box? I here log in using the user name and password text boxes method.

Thanks for any help you can provide! :)

Go to System Preferences, click on Accounts, then click on the Login Options tab, then click on List of Users (instead of Name and Password) - That's it!

That's not what he's asking. I don't think there is a way to remember the user name, unlike Windows, but, while it requires an extra click, DeltaMac's method is the closest you'll come. On behalf of Apple, sorry.

This is the best I can come up with.

I'm running Panther and did not test it, and am too lazy to boot into Jag to test it.
It's only a 32K d/l. Give it a shot.

I read the question differently, sounds like he has the setting changed so the user name (and password) needs to be typed in each log-in); but OK, I see what you mean! cybergoober has a good idea, though.

Originally posted by arden
That's not what he's asking. I don't think there is a way to remember the user name, unlike Windows, but, while it requires an extra click, DeltaMac's method is the closest you'll come. On behalf of Apple, sorry.

Ah well, it was worth a shot. :(

Thanks anyway! :cool:

Back