• GeForce FX 5200 Ultra - 64MB DDR

Price: £1,503.83
VAT: £263.17
Subtotal: £1,767.00
Usually dispatched:
2 - 3 weeks

Free Shipping

What are peoples thoughts on these??

Spoke to the nice lady at apple today about ordering the spec i posted and she said, as soon as your ready to go ahead we can finalise details and i can sort you out some discount..

I said discount... sounds good to me - what we talking.

She said half price RAM upgrade

That means a saving of £75 for me :D

Sounds good!
However, I would pick my Mac with the lowest ram so I can upgrade by myself. It will be a lot cheaper than the AppleStore. But that's why they gave you the discount on ram, I guess.
Finalize it and send us a short review. ;)

Some bugger in my department received his iMac about 2 weeks ago. It's just like yours, iMac G5 20" with all the works. Felt like kicking his teeth in as he never stops smiling now :).

I know it's violent, and at most times, I wouldn't agree with violence. But in this case, I'll make an exception ;). The sight of a row of gleaming white teeth every day is just too much to bear!

Hehe, I agree with Zammy there. Love them when they are worse equipped, not when they've got better machines. :)

Viro said:
Some bugger in my department received his iMac about 2 weeks ago. It's just like yours, iMac G5 20" with all the works. Felt like kicking his teeth in as he never stops smiling now :).

Does he use it to his potential? Where I work PB 15's and 17s come in all the time for staff members who use MS word and nothing else. Its really hard handing it over to them.

Well, at least he does. He's doing a PhD in medical imaging and he *is* definitely maxing out the G5's ability. When he's doing work anyway. You know how it is with all these grad students. ;)

Congratulations Noonster, you will be very happy with your new iMac. I've had mine for a couple of months now and am very pleased.

symphonix said:
Congratulations Noonster, you will be very happy with your new iMac. I've had mine for a couple of months now and am very pleased.

Thanks mate.... Im getting excited now
Didnt think i would be getting it till the new year - but should now be able to order it this week and get it before xmas :)

Just got a call from the bank the money is all sorted....
Just need to go down this morning and sign a couple of papers and the money will be in my account within a few hours :)

HOPEFULLY i can order it today (this afternoon), if not then defo first thing in the morning!!

Then i just have to wait the 2-3weeks for it to arrive :(

Good news...

Just got off the phone with the very nice and helpfull lady.... she ended up giveing me £41. Which is better than nothing :)

So the total price i paid was £1,726.00 for the spec posted in the first post and including Free delivery....

Just awaiting the confirmation email now (takes about 30mins).

She then said to expect a dispatch confirmation in about a weeks time :D
However delivery is still expected in 2-3weeks :(

Quick question... once it been dispatched is there anyway for me to track it (UK) ??

Thanks for the advice and i look forward to getting it even more now.

Daz

Just another update
- Confirmation email has arrived :)

Heres the info

Thank you for placing your Apple Store order. We are pleased to send you this order confirmation containing details of your order.

Before your product is dispatched, you will receive a dispatch notification email. To check the current status of your order please visit our URL https://store.apple.com/Your/WebObjects/OrderStatusEurope

^^ Least i know i can track it so thats good :D

Also....

How long will my order take?
Your order should ship on or before 22.12.2004 (or 12.22.2004 for US people)
Please allow a further 3-7 days from this date to deliver your order.

Please note that these are business days and are estimated leadtimes only.

^^ So looking at that it wont make it for xmas unless i am REALLY lucky.... - However i have heard theres currently a good turn around and to ignore that date - any truth in that ??

Thanks

I think Apple really has a winner with the iMac G5. I recently helped two people create a configuration and purchase one. I love the design. As much as I love my desk lamp G4, I think it was a bit too far out for many people. The G5 is more conservative.

The only minor question I have (besides the mediocre gfx card) is what's up with the cd drive? Is it really slow because it's sideways? Because it's proprietary, you wouldn't be able to upgrade it (easily or at all)?

Doug

WooHoo wasnt expecting this until next week.

We are pleased to send you this dispatch notification regarding your Apple Store order. Your order has been dispatched and will be delivered to your shipping address. Please keep this email as it contains your reference number W******** and delivery number. Should you have any queries please quote these reference numbers.

Your web order reference number is: W********
Your delivery reference number is: 80********

The expected delivery time for your order is 6 - 7 days.
Please note that these are business days and that this is an estimated lead-time only.

^^^ NICE ONE....

Going by that means i will defo have it by xmas, was not expecting it to be dispatched untill the 22 and its only the 4th. I know i still have to wait for delivery and anything can happen but for now i am wll excited and fingers crossed i do get it in 6-7 days like it says :)

Been to the website, heres the info
04 dez 04 30 60 departed from product source Apple Shanghai
04 dez 04 05 00 boxes scanned Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
04 dez 04 00 05 Data received from supplier Apple Shanghai

Clicked the 80** number on the left but it gave no info as yet, as
obviously not in holland yet....

Looking at that info means it left the shanghi today.

When i check it direct from apple website i get this info

01/12/2004
01:21 PM GMT

W********

• APP FOR IMAC/EMAC-E/K-INT
• IMAC20/1.8G5/1GB/160G/SD/APX/BTWLKB/B

Shipped

APP FOR IMAC/EMAC-E/K-INT
Shipped

1 Shipped 04/12/2004

Invoice No. : **********

Carrier : TNT Nederland B.V.

Tracking Number(s) :
C*******

IMAC20/1.8G5/1GB/160G/SD/APX/BTWLKB/B
Shipped

1 Shipped 04/12/2004

Invoice No. : **********

Carrier : TNT Nederland B.V.

# Tracking Number(s) : *****************

I think that looks good and means i am going to defo get it sooner rather than later - maybe week of the 13th December ??

Another update...

Spoke to Apple today and they are expecting delivery to me on the 14th or 15th.
However he said if i ring on Friday they will be able to give me an exact date.

:)

Back