13 Dec 2004 02:04 Leeds Out For Delivery
13 Dec 2004 01:56 Leeds Import Received
11 Dec 2004 07:34 Northampton Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
10 Dec 2004 23:37 Eindhoven Shipped From Originating Depot
10 Dec 2004 16:55 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point
10 Dec 2004 16:17 Arnhem Hub Consignment Passed Through Transit Point
10 Dec 2004 16:15 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point

Look at the top one!!
I know for a Fact someone was in the house as i was there!!!

Rang TNT this morning and they said
"Your good wernt due for delivery until today, however they were ready so a driver took them with him yesterday, as he was going to deliver them if he got chance.... It looks like he didnt get chance BUT they are back out for delivery today with a different driver".

I said that doesnt explain the bit about me not being in when i was.

Her reply "I can only guess, but i think the driver hit the wrong key"

AHHHHH Not happy!!!
It better come today...

Darren

Just had a call from TNT - same lady i spoke to this morning.
She has contacted the Driver and he should have it delivery to my house by 1pm :)

Looks like i am going to have to get away from work a couple of hours early - say 2:30/3:00pm as i wont he able to wait untill 5pm to get it, once i know its there LOL

Will keep you informed.

Darren

The iMac has now arrived....
Its at home and im at work :(
Arived at 12:50,

Couple of things by brother said
1) Its just an iMac box... not inside anything else like a cardboard box - is this normal?
2) He said it looks like the box has been opened and resealed - Is this normal?
3) Apple Care is there and perfect.

Managed to get off work early so by 3:30pm i should be home and have it setup etc...

Will keep you updated

Darren

:) Yeehaa! :D

I know how it feels to be waiting for weeks to get your hands on one of these. Hope it works out well for you...

Errr ...

OK, you can stop hugging it now... ::love::

Managed to get home and get the iMac unboxed etc... without a problem - Heres my Findings... if you notice a problem maybe you can help!

1) How Big... The screen is massive - put my gf's laptop infront of it and i just had to laugh.

2) Nice Desktop area to work on - can get lots of apps open without them overlapping.

3) Screen Quality is amazing - I put a DVD in to watch and it looked better than my widescreen TV with DVD player... VERY impressed.

4) Managed to set things up without any problems (Username/Expose/Screensaver/Energy Savings/Dock/etc.. etc..)
Thanks mostly to people on heres help.

5) Left the Proceesor setting at Automatic for now, want to get it all updated and see how things go before i crank the baby up!!

6) DVD Drive is noisey when using a CD (not all though?) however when i used/played a DVD they was little/no sound - Is this normal?? How is it fixed??

7) Sound its actually better than i expected from the internal speakers - however cant wait to get the JBL Creature II's.

^^ Lots more good things but that will do for now - Taken a few pics and will upload them as soon as i can get online with it!!

PROBLEM TIME

Couldnt get connected to the internet - Unfortunatly the USB modem i have doesnt work with the iMac (Its a speedtouch), and before anyone says yeah i have read the other forum about someone getting it to work, but i couldnt!!!

I KNOW, I KNOW, I KNOW - You told me not to use the usb modem... but i wanted to get online to register the computer and get it all upto date... and i didnt want to wait untill i got the Wireless router in January.

Anyways - I cant live without the internet, and couldnt wait till January so last night i went and ordered this
- http://www.d-link.co.uk/?go=jN7uAYL.../hKltbNlwaaRp6zgtAmu5j3cf/YEMAM7h3aPmLU0Ste4=
(not sure how to shorten link)
It cost me £75 for both and will be delivered withing 3days - so thats by Saturday.

Therefore i wont be online on the iMac till then, I suppose this will give me time to convert all my CD's onto MP3(192 bit rate) for use in iTunes and then on my iPod Mini i get for xmas.

SORRY for going on but i thought you would wanna know.

Cheers
Darren

6) the CD is spinning at a much higher rate than DVDs. That's probably the reason for the noise.

Congrats! We are waiting for your pics..

Back