Getting Double Pictures When Writing to a CD

artytrager

Registered
I have a PowerMac G4, 733, with a CDRW and I am running Mac OS X 2.8. Over the past years I have had no trouble making CD's of photos in my iPhoto collection.
I usually highlight the photos I want to put on the CD, inserted the blank CD when prompted and it worked fine.
All of a sudden the CD writer is duplicating many of the photos I had highlighted. Example, I highlighed 143 photos and the CD that came out had 406 photos on it. I put the CD into a PC and it also showed 406 photos were on the CD. I highlighted 57 pictures and got 137 photos. When I examined the photos I saw most of the excess was as a result of doubles and in some instances triples.

I ran "First Aid" in Disk Utilities twice to no avail.

What could be wrong?

Could it be that those duplicate files are from photos you've edited within iPhoto? Perhaps iPhoto is putting the original file as well as the modified, edited file on the CD as well...

sounds good. try instead dragging the photos from inside iphoto to a folder on the desktop. how many are there? also, to check, are some of the duplicate very small, like thumbnails?

Back