Getting your tunes back after a crash?

ginopiazza49

Registered
Who does one write to at Apple to get the tunes back that you have purchased from Apple after a crash. I know that a lot of people have done this. They have said Apple will do it.

As a happy iTunes customer, I make a very simple backup of my tunes: I burn them to Audio-CD, print a booklet and put the CD on the shelf in my living room.

You can, of course, copy the iTunes library (~/Music/iTunes) to any backup device of your choice. If you change your computer, don't forget to unregister the old one with iTunes before you take it out of service. If, after a crash, that's impossible, you should be able to sort it out with Apple support.

Get yourself an external (they're cheap right now) and use either Carbon Copy Cloner or Super Duper and make boot able backups of you system that included all of your data. It's foolish not to have a backup plan today with the vast stores of data we all now keep.

My iTunes library is on an external HD. iTunes only works when its plugged in but I can live with that.

Back