Ghosting mac partitions?

putz

Registered
Ive got a macbook with only a 60gb drive, i have a 100gb scorpio at work on my desk that needs a home

will symantec ghost running on my dell laptop ghost the OSX/bootcamp partitions over to the new drive?

both drives would be hooked up to the dell in usb2 enclosures

My guess is that you won't be able to get the OS X volume to clone, the Win install might though.

There is a solution for cloning partitions with OS X. Use Carbon Copy Cloner to make an asr image (.dmg) of your hard disk and you should be able to restore it with disk utility. Another app, Net Restore, from the same guy claims to have Win XP support, you might want to look into that for doing the XP volume as well.

Stay far away from Symantec on OS X. Your can find all over the Mac web sites how a Symantec product messed up an OS X machine. If you want something automatic, fast, bootable, and live updating then consider ShirtPockets SuperDuper.

Yes, but it shouldn't be ignored here that the user wants both the Bootcamp partition _and_ the Mac partition to work. I'd try to use Carbon Copy Cloner for both partitions. Dunno what you mean by Scorpio, but I guess it's some kind of external harddrive?

Back