Glad for MacOSX.com forums

MDLarson

Registered
I used to visit the MacAddict forums before I learned about this place, and have recently been active over at MA. I was surprised by the general rudeness and incivility over there compared to here, and would just like to say to everybody here...

THANKS.

-Matt

Thanks...now SCRAM!!

<just kidding... :p >

I have noticed that the civility of people here (me included) has gotten better. Those kind of things can make or break a board, if you ask me...

I agree..they've definitelty done a great job, especially with the redesign of the site

I also used to read other threads, and found that they became flame bait for the PC vs Mac thing. In general, they were not informative or helpful. Here, people are knowledgable about the Mac, and just by reading responses to questions, I have learned a lot. Macosx.com is a daily stop for me.

Here here!
I think the redesigned forums have also rejuvenated things a bit somehow. We also seem to have a rash of new and vocal switchers from windows who seem to be enjoying both their macs and the community spirit here, which also adds to the happy mood.

Keep it up folks, cheers again to the mods, admins and scott

I have noticed a change here. I started reading this forum and macosxhints.com forums daily and i always was leaning to the other forum more because people seemed a bit kinder, but that is not the case anymore. I enjoy them both equally now.

here! here! (or is it: hear! hear!)

somehow I came across macosx.com as one of the first forums when I started planning my 'switch'. so glad I did. this place just gets better all the time. haven't been able to find another mac forum that comes close in usefullness and community feel.
just a great job by the admins, and quality in the members as well.

ok, now that I've got the sappy out of me, I'll get back to work. ;)

quiksan said:
here! here! (or is it: hear! hear!)
That would be "hear! hear!" :)

Well, again, I'm glad to be here, and I am happy to donate to this site (a small amount, once a year).

I agree with MDLarson's sentiment. To me the thing that set this board apart is the nature of talk. People here talk about the issues and generally (with the help of the mods) stay on topic and not go off on on each other or on a tangent. I just hope it stays this way with the expansion of the site.

hi my name is zaze.
i wonder if someone can help me get into a chat room? last year i was able to get
into the cbs survivor chat room. they changed from peoplelink to prospero and i no
longer can get in. it has something to do with mac computers? i hope it is ok for me
to ask this question in here??..thanks.

Hi zaze, typically you start a new thread for a new problem (instead of hitting Post Reply to an existing thread like you have done.)

It sounds like your account at the CBS survivor chat room got deleted or you forgot your password or something. If I were you, I'd try to create a new account at the chat room you want to get into. If you enter in the same User ID you used before, the system might even let you know and email you the old password. I'm sure the problem has nothing to do with Macs. :)

Back