Good keylogger/spyware?

michaelsanford

Translator, Web Developer
I've got a little security problem locally. Even though I'm pretty strict about putting on the password-protected screen saver when I leave, there are times when I forget to. My network's pretty solid though, as far as I know.

In these few times, my friends-who are addicted to pranking-like to do things like change my screenshot file to something umm naughty, and I usually don't find out for hours (or even days) until someone tells me.... :eek: (I have a screenshot server running on my iMac that seems to be pretty busy, so I leave it running most of the time).

I'd ideally like a transparent keylogger (has to be native OS X because I had disk problems and couldn't install Classic).

Most importantly I need to find out if they've cracked my account password (which is 11 characters, upper and lower case letters, and numbers...)

Anyone know of any daemons or darwin apps that do this, since that would be ideal? I'm hoping at least to catch it when they mess around with my iMac and fix it quickly...

I've since really tightened my security bootstraps too. I suppose at least it keeps me on my toes for more serious intrusions, like spoofing my PGP/GPG keys or my Apple keychain file... Now all that's left is to retaliate ;)

They don't have any that are for OS X, but I've used the one listed as a MacOS Classic control panel before on one of my G4 servers (to see if anyone else was messing around with it)...worked pretty well.

Maybe I'll work on writing one hehe

Check out version tracker and look up the following.

Keyboard & Mouse Recorder 2.0
Keyboard Spy 1.0
KeystrokeRecorder X 3.1.2
Monitorer X 1.2.1

Hey Michael, OS X only recognizes the first 8 chars of your password. Try it. Just type in the first 8 without the last 3, and you'll still get logged in. Just thought I'd let you know...

(in case you're wondering, that's a pretty common Unix thing, not something Apple missed.)

NONE of those showed up on my initial search, guess I should have been more vague ("key" "log").

Thanks strykefree! :cool:

Back