Good price for Apple display?

monktus

Registered
I know someone selling a fairly new Apple 17" LCD and I wanted to see if anyone could give an opinion on how good a buy it is. The price is £250; I couldn't seem to find how much the RRP was and I didn't see any around on eBay (maybe I wasn't looking hard enough). I know 17" LCDs start at about £180 now, would the Apple display be worth it? There's also the ADC thing (I've only got a DVI port and I suspect I'd have to get an adaptor for my forthcoming PowerBook). Thanks for any thoughts.

Cheers,
Craig

adc was briliant, but is now defunct - it sent signal, power, usb and everything through one cable, into the display port. brilliant.

now i have a dvi cinema display, and theres 4 cables, display, power, USB and firewire

if you havent got an ADC connector then there is no benefit.

it does look nice though.

Hmmm, lets see, I know this one...

Ok Pounds...hmmm...multiply by point.......subract pi........carry the one....

Uhhh, right. So $ are my thing :D Whats that work out to about $480? If so, I would hope that it looks better. Check the specs. Then again, maybe you want it because not only does it look cool, but its a nice 'looking' monitor that has a similar screen and image to a non apple monitor.

On a serious note, you say your "forthcoming PB". Are you getting a new one?

Sorry for the bad joke ::angel::

Steve

I would try to work the guy down to £220 and spend £20 on the DVI t ADC adaptor.
Alternatively, as you're from Glasgow, wait til' te guy's at work and.....
But seriously, that's a fairly decent price and the Apple ones are soooooo much better than your average Dell 17" monitor.

Lt Major Burns said:
adc was briliant, but is now defunct - it sent signal, power, usb and everything through one cable, into the display port. brilliant.

I am so sorry that did not catch on in the computer industry. Like you said, it was brilliant.

Back