Govt discounts for apple users?

ziomatrixacs

Registered
I got about 10 minutes to type this so here' goes..

I just graduated BMT, so now I am officially a member of the Air Force. Now I know this is going to be a DOH question but, do I qualify for govt discounts? Im not sure if you noticed but apple has this store http://store.apple.com/us_epp_55499
which has significant discounts. My BX sells the 17" MBP for $1950 with no tax plus 10% off , but it is too big to carry around. so i want the 15" one but they wont order it for me so i have to get it from apple my self. that means tax unfortunatly. I looked into the macbook air but i like having connectivity.

So the AF is part of the federal govt, which means i am an employee of the federal government correct? so could I use this discount? They really dont explain this to us actually, which is why im asking.

From my experience, since my brother is also in the Air Force. You are an employee of the government. However, I am not sure if Apple sees people of the Air Force that way.

Sure, why not? You are a government employee, and the discount is a good as any you'll find direct from Apple.
You can also check at AAFES on-line purchasing. You'll find slight discounts there, not as good as the government pricing at the Apple web site. You WON'T find a new 17-inch for as cheap as what you reported - you'll find that's an older model, I suspect.

Plus 1 to DeltaMac--sometimes you get lucky and would still be tax free. Ralph

Last edited:
Back