GPU-cooler drives me crazy...

nervus

fencer
Hi
My G5 is generally a silent beast, however the 'hum' of the GPU-cooling fan (on the ATI 9800 Pro) is slowly driving me crazy. Is it a good idea to replace this fan by a Zalman ZM17-Cu?
Has anyone here some experience with this add-on? :)

I have the same problem with that graphics card, and my sonnet upgrade card fan. My computer is the bedroom, so this is a problem.. I could turn it off, but it's a server.

I have the X800 which is one better. I have no such noise from my G5. First all, every six months or so you have clean out all the dust in your big vacuum the G5 tends to be. Also The pull out fan assembly has to firmly put in its slot or it will cause a high pitch squeak when the fans move. Also once you clean out your G5, try to reset the pram.

Satcomer said:
I have the X800 which is one better. I have no such noise from my G5. First all, every six months or so you have clean out all the dust in your big vacuum the G5 tends to be. Also The pull out fan assembly has to firmly put in its slot or it will cause a high pitch squeak when the fans move. Also once you clean out your G5, try to reset the pram.

Good points! But I just did all this last week... and yet it hums 'happily' away :eek:

Back