Graphics card details

LordCoven

Registered
Does anyone know how I can find out details about the graphics card in a PB running OS X 10.2? And I *have* tried the system profiler - but the information there is rather wishy-washy. In particular I'd be interested in finding out how much RAM is on the card and how fast that RAM is.
Cheers,
C

doesn't quake3arena give such detailed information? I think if you opened the console you can check for it, but I am really not sure. However, you can actually find out about the amount of your videoRAM using system profiler.

Apple System Profiler should tell you how much RAM is on your video card... it does on my machine, for both video cards, but then again, that's a desktop machine.

If you can tell us exactly what kind of PowerBook you've got (bronze keyboard, Wallstreet, etc.) then we will look the information up for you!

... I checked Apple History (thanks for the link :)), and checked what it should have: an NVidia GeForce 420 Go w/ 32Mb.
I've attached a screenshot of what the system profiler shows me, and hopefully you'll then understand my confusion. Because according to that I have a GeForce 4MX - and according to the NVidia site, the GeForce 4MX only comes with 64Mb. (I really don't think this is the case with the PB - but it just irkes me that it doesn't tell me exactly which card I have and exactly how much VRAM it has).

Cheers,
C

Attachments

• vcard-profile.gif
    vcard-profile.gif
    10.3 KB · Views: 0
I really honestly did attach the grab, but it doesn't appear to be in the post???
It says:

Card Type: NVDA,GeForce4MX
Card Name: NVDA, Parent
Card Model: GeForce4 MX
Vendor ID: 10de
Device ID: 179
ROM#: 2030
Revision: a5

Hrmpf.

Cheers,
C

Try the attachment again :)
What's weird is that my System Profiler shows more info, including what you're looking for...

No real point trying the attachment again - it literally just says what I typed out! I'm running OS X 10.2.8 BTW.
C

LordCoven said:
No real point trying the attachment again - it literally just says what I typed out! I'm running OS X 10.2.8 BTW.
C
I think you missed the logic behind the layout. You should click on display to get full info. Check my screenshot

Zammy-Sam said:
I think you missed the logic behind the layout. You should click on display to get full info. Check my screenshot

You missed that LordCoven is running 10.2 while you're screenshot is from 10.3. System Profiler in 10.2 was pretty bunky at best.

Back