Graphing Calculator version?

ksv

web developer
Does anyone know which version the Graphing Calculator that ships with 10.4 is? Just wondering whether to buy the commercial version (3) or wait for 10.4 instead.

No one will know this until Tiger actually ships, which will not be for 4-6 months. There may be an announcement with more info during MWSF, within 2 weeks. Any version info about included software will be inaccurate at best, until 10.4 ships.

I don't see any graphin calculator in Tiger yet. Who knows if they'll include it in the final release.

cybergoober said:
Graphing Calculator v1.0

Hm, sounds like Apple actually licenced the source code and made their own version. Can you type in this equation and see if it renders?

Code:
x + iy = ze^2πiz

Use alt+p to enter the π.

I didn't even notice that it was there before. It looks a lot different than the graphing calculator that you can download from Pacific Tech.

For one, you have to select the type of graph you are going to do, 2D or 3D.
That equation does work though.

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpeg
    Picture 2.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 26
Captain Code said:
I didn't even notice that it was there before. It looks a lot different than the graphing calculator that you can download from Pacific Tech.

For one, you have to select the type of graph you are going to do, 2D or 3D.
That equation does work though.

Thanks! Although I made a little bummer in the notation. Should be:

Code:
x + iy = ze^(2πiz)

Mind taking a shot of the about window as well if it contains anything of interest? :)

Yeah, that makes a much more interesting graph. Check out the very interesting about window screen shot.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Picture 3.jpeg
    Picture 3.jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 30
Captain Code said:
Yeah, that makes a much more interesting graph. Check out the very interesting about window screen shot.

Interesting indeed, but certainly not what I expected :eek:
2πiz should be in superscript without parentheses. That should render a nice little spiral.

Anyway, you confirmed my feeling that the 10.4 Graphing Calculator equals Pacific Tech's $60 one. And although they look different, they have obvious similarities that hints towards Apple acquiring Pacific Tech or licencing their code. (For those who don't remember, this is the same calculator as the one that shipped with Mac OS 8 through 9.2).

Thanks again!

Taking away the parenthesis doesn't change it. Maybe it needs some work or doesn't know about imaginary numbers yet.

I must say that it's pretty slow graphing that too. Could be my Rage 128 Pro, but the free Pacific Tech calculator is a lot faster. It doesn't do these types of equations though so I can't say for sure if it'd be as slow as their paid one.

Back