?!?!??! Greece bans gaming!!

wow! i havn't seen something this bad for a while. I am going to get pele at my School to sign it (BTW how many do we need?)

Those greek goverment-types of ours are THAT smart :mad:

Computer/Mobile based gaming in Greece sucks as well as the support of Apple products which is even worst than the mentioned so-called LAW...

Can one imagine that Greece was the first place where the democracy was born? Nowadays it seems that Democracy is nowhere to be found in greek-land :(

its true,
yet another example where the goverment makes laws for stuff it doesnt understand NOR tries to understand :p

The law will be reworked A LOT before people accept it. Dont forget that people elect the politicians, such an outrageous action wont be tolerated :p -- when I go to greece next time, I will set up a PSX and a TV in Syntagma square and play games in public protest if this is still the case :p (syntagma square --> central square in athens :p)

sorry had to edit to add stuff :p
this law stems from the illegal gambling that goes on in and out of places like netcafes where people have been burned severely with it.

Admiral

How the f*ck can they ban games?!!?. It´s like you say you can´t watch tlevision anymore. It´s the most stupid law i ever heard, And not even play nline chess!

Lol, give me a break . They will never be able to stop the games!.Life is a game guys!

Continue playing!. GO WarCraft!

Amen :eek:

Wow, that's insane. They have no idea that a lot of people play games to play games, not to illegally gamble. Those dudes need to re-think their approach at stopping illegal gambling =/

Imagine a world where a little kid is sitting playing a Gameboy and the cops bust in and raid the joint. They'll have dealers in alleys selling Pokemon.:p

Well a new law!!!

Big F**** deal i would say.

Nobody has come to my house and arrested me nor has anybody been to a cafe were i go and play arcades.

Propably the guy that wrote this law was a 60 year old lawyer who does not know the difference between a "gambling" type of electronic game and a game boy or a psx!!!

At least at the moment everything is quiet cause they all are too worried about the 17N(terrorist group in Greece whose members are currently being arrested)

Originally posted by Zenzefiloan
Well a new law!!!

Big F**** deal i would say.

Nobody has come to my house and arrested me nor has anybody been to a cafe were i go and play arcades.

Propably the guy that wrote this law was a 60 year old lawyer who does not know the difference between a "gambling" type of electronic game and a game boy or a psx!!!

At least at the moment everything is quiet cause they all are too worried about the 17N(terrorist group in Greece whose members are currently being arrested)

I am sorry to hear about the new law passed, though like you have said... no f**king deal about it. but still, the penalties are pretty harsh, I should say.

I will put my name down in the petition in support, and I hope that the government starts to do their homework and learn to see the difference between gambling and gaming.

Sorry once again. My heart bleeds. We faced a similar issue when HalfLife was banned for a while and we managed to convince the ministry to lift that ban. Gee, it hurts man. At least it was on grounds that it promoted violence.

I'd cuss in Greek, but not only do the boards not allow cussing, but I don't know any cuss words in Greek.

so, would anyone in Greece like to make a bet on how long this ridiculous law will last? :D

Laws in Greece are made so that people dont obey to them!!!Specially laws such as that one.

One thing is for sure,

i do not believe that people have actually paid any fines whilst playing a game boy!!!

Trust me on this.

I was actually just there about 3 weeks ago playing games on my uncle's cell phone in Syntagma Square, Monastiraki, and Vouliagmeni. It is actually kind of funny that they would pass this law after i left.

These politicians came up with this over a 2-hour Greek lunch with a little too much ouzo thrown in :p.

I don't think there's anything to worry about, but it's still worth signing that petition...

Back