Greetings and questions

Otacon 14112

Registered
Hello everyone,

I am a converted Windows fool. I am learning more each day about the wonderful world of Apple. Most of my questions have been answered by my friend who converted me to Apple. However, I can't ALWAYS rely on him to answer all my questions, or wait to ask him when I see him, so I decided to join a Mac OS X message board.

My first Mac was a PowerMac 7200/90 that some guy brought in to Staples one day when I was working there and left it on the counter for anyone who wanted it. Then I got an iMac G3, then I got my Sawtooth 400 MHz PowerMac G4 that has 768 MB of RAM.

Anyway, I'm anxious to get programming on my PowerMac G4. I have 10.4.4.

And I was curious about what the best/most common/most popular application languages/compilers were for this OS.

Also, what are some of the best/most common/most popular web/server scripting programming languages for Macs?

Oh, and there is one more thing,
APPLE COMPUTER SURPASSED DELL IN WORTH!!!

*Bows down to Steve Jobs*

Welcome to the board! Sounds like you're rarin' to go.

You should take advantage of the wealth of information, code, and tutorials on the Apple Developer Connection site.

Have you installed the XCode Tools? This includes the XCode IDE, documentation, sample code, and helper applications.

As for the web side, OS X ships with the reliable and popular Apache HTTPD/MySQL/PHP combination.

MySQL is only offered on the "server" flavor of Mac OS X. If you're using the standard client version of Mac OS X, grab the latest mySQL installation package from mysql.com.

Ok thanks guys. My friend just walked in tonight when I was working at Wal-Mart, and I asked him. I actually called him last night and asked him and he said Xcode. So I downloaded it since my DVD-rom is going bad. I just love Apple's servers. They are the fastest servers I've ever visited.

Installed it, so now I guess I'm ready to go, only I'll have to learn it and read a ****load of tutorials and stuff. But that's the fun part.

I'm wanting to set up a TCP/IP server and host my own message board. Which language is the best for message board-type applications? I want to make one very similar to GameFAQs' format. It's the best-looking one I've seen so far.

Ok, thanks for the input so far.

Oh, what is Apple Qmaster for?

Back