Guest User???

OK, last report, then off to bed, and will be online much later tomorrow morning. Have an 8AM Eye appt.

Anyway, DANG I'M GOOD. That solved it. Both Users remain. I should be paid for being my own Tech Support>>LOL LOL :).

I don't need no STINKIN OS Re-INSTALL>> :).

Night all.

Just thought I would offer the idea that "parental controls" allows you to configure how a particular account can be used, allowing (or blocking) access to apps, and files on your Mac.
It's not really about children, but for any user of that account. You can control how the account is used - so you could think of "Parental Controls" as "Account Rules" for any standard (including Guest) account that YOU can enforce.
As you admitted to wanting to limit "certain files" from public view, Parental Controls will provide a "managed" solution for that. I have settings that prevent access to my banking files. Not because I don't want anyone to see them, but simply that I don't want anyone, other than me, to make changes. Parental Controls provides that feature.

Good Idea Delta. First thing I did do, when I was able to see that, "Guest User," I went in there to see if that person had access to everything, all my XFR'd over files & folders, that I placed in my ICloud. and gladly none of my stuff was there.

Another advantage for the Guest account, is that if the user makes any changes, or creates new files, those are all deleted when the Guest account logs out.
So, each time logging into the Guest user is to a fresh, new account.
Not the same as making a standard account, even if you name it Guest, which would retain any files or settings changes for future use.

Absolutely every thing is looking and working great. Thanks for y'all's help, suggestions.

Well looking back throughout this thread I guess the Y'all was only you DeltaMac>>LOL>>>Thanks again

Back