Guinness World Record 'Silent Computer' explained

Status
Not open for further replies.

tree

Christmas
Autists are people who don't support noise. They are helped by psychiaters who give them drugs. This doesn't take the problem noise away. If you buy a new mac portable computers are less noisy. If you are an autist or you want a silent computer don't buy a computer that only competes on price and specification. Please don't forget that this computer isn't made for internetuse and is instead a learning tool. I thank everyone here who has made possible.

anybody know what this is about, or why there is a picture with someone's name address and telephone number posted there, on top of a children's toy laptop.

The closest I can come to 'autist' (which is not a word) is 'aurist' (someone who treats disorders of the ear) Is that possibly what you mean?

(I recognize that tree almost never chooses to respond to his wonderful soliloquies, but one can only hope.)

tree said:
Autists are people who don't support noise. They are helped by psychiaters who give them drugs. This doesn't take the problem noise away.
This is my all time favorite Herve quote :)

"Autists" meaning people with autism, perhaps?

I don't think Tree knows what he's talking about, despite the language barriers. My parents both work with autistic kids (among others), so I have seen & heard what their symptoms are a bit.

I have assumed he means autistic, given that there are many different degrees of the malady and some sufferers seem to be sensitive to ambient noise.

Dutch/German speakers (my wife) often say "I can't support" such and such to mean they cannot tolerate it.

But, a clarification would be nice. I was wondering why the worlds quietest computer has a speaker near the screen.

It seems that there are medical tests about this.
Are you talking about the subject of your thread, or are you talking about trying to decipher what you're saying? :confused:

tree = ::alien::

Autists are people who don't support noise. They are helped by psychiaters who give them drugs. This doesn't take the problem noise away. If you buy a new mac portable computers are less noisy. If you are an autist or you want a silent computer don't buy a computer that only competes on price and specification. Please don't forget that this computer isn't made for internetuse and is instead a learning tool. I thank everyone here who has made possible.

Artists are people who don't support noises. They are helped by psychiatrists who give them drugs, but this doesn't take the noisy problem away.
If you buy a new Mac, then a laptop is less noisy. And if you are an artist, or you just want a silent computer, then don't buy a computer that is based only on price, check the specs.
Please don't forget that a computer isn't made for Internet surfing only, and it is also a learning tool.
I thank everyone here who has made this possible.

Translation: Artists like free drugs and laptops. Don't buy a computer from them based solely on price unless you've been given free drugs from a shrink too. Don't be silent, even if they are, or even if they want to remain silent. Learn from other people's mistakes by reading on the Internet and be appreciative of their efforts as well.

??? Am I even in the correct time zone?

Well Randman, I like your deciphering of what 'tree' was trying to say. Actually, it is quite humorous, but in a sardonic kind of way.

Randman
you're on a roll. you crack me up!

But sardonic? What does this have to do with fish?!?! :D :D

Well to be fair, autists (people with autism) often have a low tolerance for noise too, though I think normally, it's sudden, loud noises that cause them trouble, not a steady whooshing noise.

And there are autistic people who function well enough to use computers, hold jobs etc.

Autistic people, in general, lack the ability to filter that stuff out, so loud or sudden noises can really get to them. There's a lot more to it, but that's where they are on that issue.

As for sardonic, a) disdainfullyorskepticallyhumorouscommaderisivelymocking; and b) salty fish make you hungry?

Dutch/German speakers (my wife) often say "I can't support" such and such to mean they cannot tolerate it.

It's easy for some Hispanic-Americans (whose primary language is English) to translate "support" as "soportar". How uneducated they sound saying "Soportemos a nuestras tropas!" It means, "Lets tolerate our troops!"

Now, if they said "Soportemos a Bush," no corrections needed, I suppose... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back