Halo 2

there is nothing i find more frustrating then when a game becomes extremely successful on an operating system, and they decide not to make the next version for it again.
Is Halo 2 going to come out on OS X? If so, when?

Halo 2 isn't that exciting, the coop story mode is the most fun I have had with it so far. To me it is just more of the same.

ok, maybe it wasn't. but it was a success for me. it's one of the few games that i quickly became addicted to. i just wish halo 2 would come out sooner for os x.

I remember reading online that more copies of Halo were downloaded off of the net then purchased on the Mac.

Its a shame to hear this as we as a community need to support the fragile Mac Game Market.

It will be interesting to see if a Mac version is shipped.

StarBuck said:
I remember reading online that more copies of Halo were downloaded off of the net then purchased on the Mac.

Just asking to see if I understood that right:

More copies of Halo for the PC where downloaded then sold for the Mac? Or more copies for the Mac downloaded then sold for the mac?

more downloaded for the mac than sold for the mac, sad enough.
largely because there was no demo, and people were afraid to buy it just to find out that it was too much for their computers.

i think hateEternal meant halo2. he has probably downloaded the leaked version.

HateEternal: please dont give away any plot on these forums! it is bad enough that i have to stay away from game-forums because of people who have dowloaded it ILLEGALLY and then tries to ruin it for everybody else.

That's a real shame with the Mac port of Halo. Seriously, the Mac gaming community is small enough as it is. We don't need people downloading bootleg versions of games just to further cut into the already razor thin margins companies like Aspyr and MacSoft are making.

If anyone has pirated Mac games and is reading these forums, BUY ORIGINAL! We don't want Mac companies to go the way Loki (does anyone remember that Linux game company?) did.

I won't give away the plot. I take back what I said before, the more I play it the more fun it is, I have only been playing it co-op, i think its a lot more fun that way.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I can't help but think that Halo was total garbage. My brother plays it online quite a lot, and I still can't see what got all the X-Box fanatics into a fit about. Let's see.... there's only one map that anyone ever plays, and they always play the same game type? Ooh, what fun. I see now that I was delusional to buy UT2004. I must beat myself over the head with the jewel case it came in.

*OW! OW! OW!*

1) ut2004 is from 2004. halo is from 2001/2002.
2) Halo got a very nice story and single player mode. It is great fun playing co-op.
3) i play nearly all the multiplayermaps. often in the company of two xboxes, two large screens and seven friends. :)

halo is really smooth (and i think it looks like halo 2 will be even better) when it comes to integrating combat in an environment that offers vehicles.

btw: the only reason i own an xbox is halo.
since microsoft i losing money on each sold xbox (true to their tradition they make money on the software) i thought it was a good anti-microsoft thing to buy one. ;)
this was over a year ago and i have still not bought any games for it. I got halo bundled with it. will buy halo 2 though.

See, that's where I always get into arguments with my PC-loving/X-Box owning friends. They all claim also that Halo is gloriously smooth on the X-Box, but when I tried it out at Game (God help me, my fingers were painful for HOURS after using that lump of plastic they call a "controller"...), I got major slowdowns in the first two levels. OK, I may be somewhat biased against Microsoft and Bungie (Microsoft for buying them and Bungie for letting them...), but I still feel that Halo was massively overrated by the X-Box crowd. Give me TimeSplitters 2 on my PS2 any day.

Halo was/is a good game. I own an XBox mainly just to play games and Halo is one of the best available. It's got a good story line, very nice enemy AI, but the graphics look kinda dated now. Halo 2 should fix that.

Back