Hard Disk Mysteriously Full After Clean Install of Leopard

sloganvi

Registered
Greetings,

I just did a clean install of Leopard by erasing the hard disk and selecting Mac OS Extended (Journaled). The install went smoothly. The Update Software utility just ran to update Leopard and parts of it bombed out saying there isn't enough space on my start up disk.

Sure enough, Disk Utility says: 233 GB, 832 mb available. Prior to the clean install, the disk had less than 60gb. Now it should have TONS of room.

Disk Utility shows a 233.8 GB Maxtor drive, then a sub-drive called Macintosh HD. Mount Point /, format Mac OS Extended (Journaled), Number of folders 147,960.

Roaming through Finder, I can't find any trace of the 232 GB data.

Any ideas on how to proceed greatly appreciated,

Stuart

Try again -
Boot to your Leopard disk, then open Disk Utility (from the Utilities menu), click on your hard drive to select it. (The Maxtor line, not the line with the name of your partition.) Click on the Partition tab, and then click on the drop-down Current, under Volume Scheme, and change to 1 partition, and continue. Then click Partition to create that new partition. Let that finish, which will take just a few seconds.
Now, Click the Erase tab. Name your partition if you like, and make sure the Volume Format is MacOS Extended (journaled), and click the Erase button. That finishes in another few seconds, and then you can quit Disk Utility. Continue on with the Leopard install, and you should be good to go....

Back