Hard drive failure - data recovery service

karavite

Registered
I have preached back ups to my family for years, showed them how to use Carbon Copy Cloner, referred cheap external drives... you name it, but do they listen? By brother's Mac drive had a total failure, but he hasn't back up since 2006. Apple replaced the drive (under warranty) and let him take the dead one. He has important business files and will basically pay whatever it costs to try and retrieve whatever can be retrieved. Does anyone know of a good service where he can ship his drive and let them have at it?

And no this isn't one of those things where I did it and say "my brother." :) Mom's mac drive died two months ago. I tell you, they both get the back up thing NOW!

Thanks DelatMac. Yes, Drivesavers is the place apparently. Recommended by Apple and rated well. They also quote up front which sounds nice.

I saw this review of them and others as well: http://www.datarecoveryreviews.com/

I'll never need it because I back up my drives! It only takes is a little imagination to sort this out - business records, family photos and movies, work...

Back