Having trouble connecting to the wireless network on bootcamped windows (urgent!)

HenryPowell

Registered
Hello hello,
I've just installed windows XP onto my IMac as there are some programs that i now require for my graphical design work that only work on Windows. Unfortunately when i load windows i'm unable to join my normal wireless network. I haven't used windows in a while so figuring out how to connect has been nothing short of a Herculean ordeal. I've followed various troubleshooting guides and all have proved as useless as each other. I was told to go control panel - network connections and then to click on "wireless network connections", unfortunately no such button exists in the network connections window.
Is it not possible to use the internet on windows if its on a mac, or is there some sort of update or driver i need to get.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as my graphic design work is suffering immensely from having to constantly shift from windows to OSX just to get on the web.
Thanks again.

Ummm, i don't think so, how would i go about doing that. Sorry if that seems like a stupid question, despite the amount of time i spend working on a computer even the most basic of procedures go right over my head.

Use your OS X DVD. It's on the Windows partition of the DVD. Just start your Mac under Windows and insert the DVD.

I have the same problem as henry here. Is that OS X DVD the one that comes with your laptop? or do i have to make one?

Last edited:
It will be one of the following two options:

1) The OS X CD/DVD that came with your computer, or
2) A retail copy of Mac OS X 10.5.

By putting that DVD (Mac OS 10.5), it will provide drivers for all those hardware which are not installed or shows exclamation mark in hardware management. Even i faced this issue this help in Boot Camp.

Back