Having Trouble post-Partition

synXero

Registered
Posting from my Mac atm. It's a Macbook, 13-inch, black. Here's the base specs:
c55e0c5c70351cb2eca8fa5f6e24b75e.png

http://www.grabup.com/uploads/c55e0c5c70351cb2eca8fa5f6e24b75e.png

I've been intending to install Windows (compatibility with school files yadda yadda yadda), but I've been having a few problems. After I partition my hard-drive using Boot Camp Assistant, it gives me the okay and tells me to insert a Windows CD:
320e68a43a57d06743ce29ce98b2cac8.png

http://www.grabup.com/uploads/320e68a43a57d06743ce29ce98b2cac8.png

If I click go, it restarts the computer (which I believe isn't meant to happen...) and after it's rebooted, shows me a typical Windows screen: black, with a flashing underscore in the top left corner. No key presses aid with moving onwards, I get nothing.

Help hugely appreciated.

Are you using the correct type of Windows install CD/DVD? With service pack 2? Where did the Windows install CD/DVD come from?

Ty for your reply buddy.

My disc says (get yourself a cuppa):
OPERATING SYSTEM
ALREADY INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER

Reinstallation CD
Microsoft ® Windows ® XP Home Edition
Including Service Pack 2​
The software is already
installed on your computer.
Only use this CD to reinstall
the operating system on a
Dell™ computer.

This CD is not for reinstallation of
programs or drivers.​
Support for these products
provided by Dell

For distribution only with a
new Dell computer.​
DELL
www.dell.com | support.dell.com

© 2004 Dell Inc.
Portions © 2004 Microsoft Corporation
All rights reserved.
P/N H8527

...Just to be exact. It's an old CD of mine, and I've used it to successfully install Windows XP onto another Mac —*the family iMac we have, running the same ver. of OS X, without problem.

(I actually just updated the OS on this machine (my Macbook) to 10.5.4, in hopes it would help... No avail.)

Oh, and it may or may not be of interest to you, that during my Boot Camp Assistant process, it does not ask me to burn a CD with any drivers. Which is odd, I believe.

edit.
Just tried installing Windows on the iMac again, and it worked without hiccup, off the same CD. There's clearly something different about my laptop... I thought of the CD drive, but it reads and plays from audio CDs fine —*so I don't see how it can be that.

Last edited:
Ya, you probably installed windows using bootcamp on Tiger before then. The reason is because on tiger, it asks you to burn a cd with the drivers but with Leopard, the drivers are on the mac os x installation disc. When you insert the DVD into your computer in windows, it see's all the drivers it needs

Ty.

I think I've found the reason. New build Macs come with (a variant of):
Boot ROM Version: MB41.00C1.B00

Supposedly this is the reason.

I'm having this exact same problem on my new iMac... what is Boot ROM Version: MB41.00C1.B00 and how do I fix it?

Back